Home > Book (Nonfiction) > Memoir > Blinding and Death Defying

Blinding and Death Defying

Lauren N.
Blinding and Death Defying
Summary: When I was in the 8the grade, living in the state of Louisiana, we never really saw snow. Well, December 11, 2008, we did. Our neighbor's dog got out and started to run towards thee main highway in front of my subdivision. My sister and I tried to catch the dog. This led to one of thee most tragic events in my life. About 2 months in the hospital, and a lifetime full of recovery, our relationship with each other changed.

Tags: family

Surobhi_Moitrayee said...
Mar. 1, 2012 at 9:29 am:

Thank God!! she's walking!! wow! that's great! give my regards to her!! is she elder to you? or younger??

I hope she gets back awesome soon! Just Give her my regards!! tell her to take care! :')

Surobhi_Moitrayee said...
Mar. 1, 2012 at 2:16 am:

Oh my god!! what happens next...i mean what happens to your sis??...

This is a wonderful story...i just loved it!! :) *snif!*

laurenemaleigh replied...
Mar. 1, 2012 at 7:09 am :
She's fine now. She spent 12 days in the hospital and got released two days in the hospital. She broke both her legs. And in her left leg, she broke her femur also. She broke over 20 bones and had to have a blood transfusion. The doctors told her that she wouldn't walk again so she was in a wheel chair for a little while. But like most stories nowadays, when a doctor says you're not gonna walk again, you do. She started using a walker two weeks later and then she moved to using a cane for a whil... (more »)