An Incredible Journey to the South - A Home away from Home

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Next »

At Last, Arrival

Right away, I rushed inside with my laptop to make a reservation online, since it was cheaper that way. My foot was fluttering furiously as I waited for it to start up and open the internet. I typed in all the information needed to yield the result I’d found before with dutiful dexterity, only to see that the room we had in mind read, “Not available,” in thin, red letters. I bolted outside to divulge the news to my mom, seeing her relief transition into thunderous fury; I grabbed the dog’s leash as she angrily stamped into the hotel lobby. She rang the bell for service and an average-heighted young woman whose name tag said, “Jennifer,” emerged from the room behind the counter—it was the same person who took my mom’s call when we inquired about the room the day before we left, but were told to call back about reserving it at a later time, which my mom never did. She might as well have had wings and a halo above her head, because when we told her about our conundrum, she told us that they had reserved the room for us anyway. I could hear a chorus of Hallelujah as the proverbial fog lifted; it wasn’t the lower online price, but Luck was certainly a lady tonight, nevertheless, seeing as we would have had to book a suite for more than twice the price.
We began transporting everything from the car to our room—not-so-conveniently on the third floor—but thankfully our room was straight ahead when we got off the elevator; the whole time one of us had to either watch or bring the dog with us, because as we feared, leaving him alone resulted in an incessant amount of not barks, but screeches. I was in a frenzied rush to find the power outlet in the room to plug in my phone and check my messages. Before my messages were even received, due to my phone being off while they were sent by everyone, I texted everyone, alerting them that we had finally arrived and that we were alright, thinking they were likely worried about us; everyone asked where I was and inquired about what had happened, I had also seen what everyone speculated about as to our whereabouts and what could have happened when I checked Twitter on my computer, rather humorous that turned out to be—Molly and Tessa both guessed that we stopped at a Cracker Barrel, it was held up, and subsequently we were shot. It sounded rather grim, but when I saw them tweet that, I chuckled to myself a bit in front of my screen. Jake scolded them for being negative Nancys, and Aaron said he inquired about us at the hotel, asking for our names.

This book has 1 comment. Post your own now!