An Incredible Journey to the South - A Home away from Home

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12

Survival and Recovery

The ride back to the hotel was somber and silent; the only thing I could think of to say was that I was sorry to both Aaron and his mom over and over again. Of the two or three times I said it to them, Dianne’s response was the same, “Now, it is quite alright.”
Aaron helped me lug everything back up to my room, but I had more-so asked for his help to spend just a few more minutes with him, and to not leave him just like that. I briefly introduced my mom to him, and asked her to take a picture of us together, since I had two with Andrew, and none with him—unfortunately it came out quite blurry because of my mom’s bad nerves shaking the camera; but I didn’t want to hold him up any longer, so I let him go and gave him one last hug goodbye.
I wanted to forget about most parts of today and try to minimize the inevitable guilt I was going to be crushed by, but first, in a lengthy and admittedly sappy text message, I apologized to Andrew for putting him in such a hard position a friend would never have to even think about fearing to be in. I’d forgotten he was still seeing the movie, so I simply went to bed after pressing send with much hesitance. As it could have been surmised, it was a very rough night’s sleep.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

HarryPotter100 said...
May 27, 2013 at 12:49 pm:
It was a very intersesting and entertaning book.