Program yoUr Future in San Francisco Bay Area

Program yoUr Future, a non-profit outreach program, aims to raise greater awareness for women in technology by complimenting San Francsico Bay Area middle school girls’ education with programming basics using AppInventor and Scratch, networking skills, and fieldtrips to local museums or tech companies. PUF will also cover topics, including How to Write a Resume, STEM Year-long Opportunities, and High School Success & Leadership. Participants will also interact with and learn from IT and STEM mentors and key note speakers AND participate in mock interviews. Through fun CS-related hands-on activities, they will not only have the opportunity to explore interdisciplinary applications and acquire presentation skills but will also be able to keep their creation as a souvenir! The participants are also challenged to identify a social issue or problem and design a solution integrating the use of information technology. No programming experience or prior computer science knowledge is necessary to participate! The girls will form a strong community and enduring friendships! Students will also have the opportunity to receive prizes and scholarship money! Apply to PUF now!

Alanna Day said...
Mar. 3 at 4:55 pm
Definitely an amazing opportunity! Gonna send my girls to this program!