ACTeen July Academy in Manhattan, NY | Teen Ink

ACTeen July Academy in Manhattan, NY

By Timboman13 BRONZE, Fairfield, Connecticut
Timboman13 BRONZE, Fairfield, Connecticut

In my opinion, attending ACTeen's July Academy was probably one of the best decisions I have ever made. I mainly had a musical theater background going into the program, so I definitely didn't know what to expect. As soon as I got there and met ACTeen Director Rita Litton though, I knew I was in a friendly yet professional environment. I learned so much about the craft of acting on camera (from commercials to scene work) with Rita's guidance and knowledge. I absorbed something new through each class, and by the end of the month, I felt I had a lot of valuable information about performing and practicing this wonderful craft. Rita saw something in me that I never knew about myself when I acted on camera, and for that I am very thankful. It was because of her that I was able to perform in a showcase for some of the top agents and managers in the entertainment industry. As a result of her training and my performance, I now have a manager and am currently signed with one of the top talent agencies on both the east and west coast. I am so grateful for everything Rita Litton has given me and will continue to use the knowledge she has shared when further pursuing my career as an actor. Thanks, Rita!