Most Recent Video Game Reviews

Here are the most recent video game reviews:

Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes on Action Adventure This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Truly Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes is an absolutely addictively fun game that I simply cannot put down once the controller is in my hands.  The game is based around the Sengoku period of Imperial Japan with a slightly modern twist. ... (more »)
Deadly Towers This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
 Deadly Towers is an action role-playing game for the Nintendo Entertainment System (or NES).  In it, the player must traverse the castle of the evil Rubas to burn 7 bell towers and save the kingdom.  It is noted for being one of the first... (more »)
Alien: Isolation on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3,... This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
The Alien franchise has poured out some enjoyable games over the years. Even though these are mostly shooters. However, they are fun shooters. Games like Aliens versus Predator do a wonderful job of making you feel like a colonial marine, alien,... (more »)
Destiny on Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Xbox... This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Imagine you’re about to eat a pizza. But before you sink your teeth between cheese and crust, you’re told that it’s going to be the best pizza you’ve ever eaten. You’re told it will be perfect in all aspects,... (more »)
Postal This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
At times, it can be funny to look back on the growing games industry of the 1990s. This was around when violence was first sneaking into games. When games like Doom were almost brought to Congress, while others like Night Trap were. A time after... (more »)
Postal 2 This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
When the first Postal hit store shelves in late 1997, it shook the gaming world to its core and caused moral panic. Why? Simply put, Postal was way more violent than most games at the time. It had players kill cops to progress through the game's... (more »)
Postal 3 on PC This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Do. Not. Buy. This. Game. I wish I could end the review here, because there's nothing else I can really say about Postal 3. It's a trashy, glitchy, boring mess that shouldn't have been released in the sad state it was in. At the very least,... (more »)
Mad Father on Free Downloadable Computer Game This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Mad Father is a Japanese developed game by Sen of Miscreants Room. You play as an eleven year old girl in Northern Germany named Aya Drevis. And you know a terrible secret about your father, Alfred. Now, that secret threatens to end his life... (more »)
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin on Xbox 360, PS3, PC This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
In 2005, Monolith Productions released two first-person shooters with an emphasis on horror. One of these games was F.E.A.R., which was largely inspired by films like Ringu, Ju-on, Dark Water, and Hard Boiled. It was an enjoyable and creepy ride... (more »)
Dragon Age on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Xbox...
By , Iowa City, IA
The Dragon Age is a game filled of excitement, adventure, and a world of fantasy for any mature person who wants to take on the challenge with certain choices both drastic and diplomatic. I, as a gamer, have been a part of this growing world... (more »)
Starbound This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Among the list of amazing early access games Steam has to offer this year, “Starbound” is one of the best. This pixel game offers everything from a literal universe of possibilities to tiny individual planets with their own species, terrain,... (more »)
Killer is Dead This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I personally believe that Goichi Suda, also known as Suda 51, is one of the most inventive, enjoyable, and generally great game developers ever. This guy was on a real winning streak, going from “Killer7” to “No More Heroes” 1 and 2 to the... (more »)
Among the Sleep This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
In the modern video game industry, especially in indie games, originality is a valuable commodity. Gamers always rejoice when presented with a fresh, innovative title sporting quirky level designs or memorable characters. “Among the Sleep,” an... (more »)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time N64/3DS on...
"HELLO, my profile name obviously tells what my favorite series is, but i`m here to tell you about my first "Zelda" game. I will put it in 2 sections. "Section 1" will be the pros, the "Section 2" will be the cons. Enjoy :D."            ... (more »)
Silent Hill HD Collection on Xbox 360, PS3 This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
In the early 2000s, when the survival horror genre could still call itself that with a straight face, developer Konami released two survival horror games within about a year of each other. These were Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3. Both games are... (more »)
F.E.A.R. on PC, Xbox 360, PS3 This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Genres in the gaming industry are like families, if you think about it. Each genre is like a last name, and the developers are like the family members. In the case of the FPS genre, id Software is like the grandfather, creating genre definers... (more »)