Fortnite the Revolutionary Game | Teen Ink

Fortnite the Revolutionary Game

April 11, 2018
By Anonymous

Fortnite Battle Royale, developed by Epic Games, is a free online multiplayer game that pits one hundred players in an arena. Fortnite has made its way to common kids, news programs, rappers, and even NFL players. This sandbox style game has become an instant sensation, despite being free. According to Forbes, during February, Epic Games accumulated 126 million dollars. It has already passed its competitors. The other popular battle royale game is PUBG, which accumulated 103 million dollars. Fortnite is currently the most popular game in the market, and statistics show it will be on the top for a long time.

Many people wonder how a free game has made such a large profit. Well, in the game there are unique skins that are cosmetics for the players’ character when while playing. One of the main ways' money is made is when players buy in game currency with real money, and use it to buy skins. Epic Games is consistently updating the in game store with new skins. Each update includes interesting skins that customers buy. Each skin can cost up to $25.00. Another tactic is the battle pass. The battle pass is a series of challenges that players can buy for $10, and can be used to unlock cosmetics in the game. Both of these options intrigue players, and influence the direct payment to Epic Games.

Fortnite has affected people of all classes, race, and status. Did you know the rappers Drake and Travis Scott are addicted to Fortnite? In addition, Steelers wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster would rather player Fortnite than go to a party? You will find these viral videos of celebrities. These famous people have shown their addiction by posting tweets and vlogs, on social media about their matches. Fortnite has made its way into the common person’s house. “Good Morning America," included a broadcast on the popularity of the game. In that edition, they outlined the effects of this new game as “addicting.” The broadcast appealed to parents of children and teenagers, discussing how this new game correlates to a significant increase in electronic use time. However, Fortnite also uses oral skills, strategy, and quick thinking to win matches. Many people need those critical skills in today’s job market, society, and personal life.

Some of the most viewed streamers and you tubers include Ninja, TSM Myth, and Dakotaz. According to Twitchmetrics, viewers have watched Ninja’s stream for 8,027,179 viewer hours. CNBC said, “Tyler Blevins easily makes more than $500,000 a month.” However, this estimate may fall short of his income. This amount is accumulated through twitch subscriptions, donations, YouTube ad revenue, and countless other video streaming benefits. Subscriptions are payments to Twitch and its affiliates (streamers), where people receive in chat emojis, emotes, and other perks. They also come in tiers where people can pay a monthly $5, $10, or even $25. For each subscription, about 60% of the money goes to the streamer and the other 40% goes to Twitch. Much of Ninja’s money comes from these subscriptions. As of March 27, 2018, Ninja has 234,079 subscribers and assuming they all are $5 subscribers, he has made $702,237 off this alone. It would not be an unrealistic assumption if Tyler Blevins makes 1 million dollars monthly.

Fortnite has influenced many parts of the world today. It is a global outbreak, where money is going through many transactions. It is influencing people of many lifestyles, and class. Fortnite is also creating business a giant business in the world's economy. Many companies use this revolutional game to expand on profit margins, and business endeavors. The sum in transactions are unparalleled compared to any game in history. Fortnite is changing the world from of books to electronics. Like Snapchat, most kids are using it. With continual updates, Fortnite will be on the top of the chart for a long time.

Similar Articles


This article has 0 comments.

Parkland Speaks

Smith Summer

Wellesley Summer