League of Legends on PC | Teen Ink

League of Legends on PC

November 28, 2017
By JxshTxng SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
JxshTxng SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

With over 100+ million players every month, League of Legends (also known as LoL) is conquering the online gaming world. It was first released in 2009 and was well received, having an active and quickly expanding fan base. League of Legends, a 3D, third-person Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) created by Riot Games doesn’t surprise players to why it’s ruling the gaming scene. Its amazing graphics, fantastic audio, easy to pick up controls, and various game modes will attract any gamer and make them spend hours upon hours playing.
Summoner’s Rift, the most popular and iconic map and game mode of League of Legends consists of three-lanes with a jungle layout in a 5 versus 5 team orientated match, in which each member of a team is assigned a specific role. League of Legends is a MOBA, therefore communication and teamwork determine everything. Having good coordination and playing well as a team decides facing a disastrous defeat or celebrating a well-deserved victory. Other maps like The Twisted Treeline and The Howling Abyss and game modes like Ultra Rapid Fire (URF) and Ascension allows players to take a break from the classic match that is Summoner’s Rift. The game modes and various maps are enjoyable, unique, and consist of a less serious style of gameplay that attracts large numbers of players whether they are new or veterans. 
 

The controls also affect the gameplay in a positive way. Easy to pick up and customizable, they allow beginners to quickly learn the mechanics of the game and veterans of the game to change their playstyle without trouble. In addition to LoL being flexible, League of Legend’s graphics are also very eye-popping and definitely attract players that are keen on art. Although League of Legends is a colorful canvas, it can also be too distracting at certain times. The multi-colored and unique abilities of champions can distract many players from what’s going down on the battlefield when the two sides collide. However, the look of League of Legends successfully sets apart it from its contenders, with a variety of colors and more simplistic, compact visuals. In addition, the sound of League is definitely well developed and created by professionals having clear, crisp audio of towers exploding, dragons roaring, and characters saying their voice lines. You get to feel as if you're in the game, roaming the playing field.  
 

League of Legends definitely has the biggest gaming community, but having the largest does have its ups and downs. With such a vast variety of players, you will meet many different people that play the game in their own way. This can help newcomers and veterans in many ways, from learning the game to discovering new techniques.  But while this may be true, not everyone in the community is happy with differing types of playstyles. Playing in a separate mindset than your team can cause problems. It could even jeopardize the team's road to victory.  While there are many ways to cope with this together, some members may have a bad attitude toward other players during the game, which can make the situation worse. Riot is cracking down on cases like this by punishing players that are toxic and not willing to work as part of the party. After all, this is a team orientated game.
 

With its fantastic art and graphics, professionally produced audio, and glorious game design, there’s no doubt League of Legends will definitely keep its crown as the ruler of online video games for a long time. Whether you like attacking up close or attacking from a distance, you’ll definitely find a playstyle of your liking in LoL. Even if you’re a hardcore gamer or a laid-back player who just wants to play for fun, you’ll find yourself spending a few hours on this masterpiece of a MOBA. Even if you don’t play video games, you’ll surely find an interest in the story of League of Legends and the tales of Summoner’s Rift. And remember, teamwork makes the dream work.