Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Wii U | Teen Ink

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Wii U

November 24, 2017
By JustAnotherGuy BRONZE, Dallas, Texas
JustAnotherGuy BRONZE, Dallas, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Legend Of Zelda Breath of the Wild is an adventure game that is one of the best I have ever played. In this game, you play as the character named Link in the beautiful land of Hyrule. You have awoken 100 years after the calamity. You then leave the shrine to begin your journey in Hyrule. The many components of this game are what make it such a great game and why it has sold 3.84 million copies since its release.


Legend Of Zelda Breath Of The Wild is an open world game which means you are free to do whatever and go wherever you would like to go. Hyrule is a huge land with many regions that have its own varying climate and uniqueness.If you can see, you are able to go to it.The whole world is constantly rendered so there is no loading screen when you get to a different part of the map.The sunrises and sunsets are such an amazing view it takes your breath away. I found myself climbing the tallest mountain just to see the sunrise. With the freedom to do whatever I wanted, at every village I would explore every build to learn every building has an interior. There are enemy camps that are located everywhere.
     

There are so many things that you can do in this game it's insane.You could follow the main story but that would just be boring. Finding all the 900 korok seeds was my main side goal, but I quickly strayed from that trying to tame the Lord Of The Mountain. From there I would climb the tallest mountain so that I could fly with my paraglider across the whole map. I'm a completionist so when it came to the optional divine beasts I quickly made my way. I was so amazed to find that there was the dragon that I could fight to gain scales. I've spent hours on top of hours doing things that have no correlation to the main story, and I enjoyed it. Breath Of The wild includes all these side objectives without making it feel overwhelming.
   

With every great game, there are its great mistakes. From the moment you leave the great plateau you are exposed to the vast majority of enemies that you are underprepared for. Especially that guardian, a giant robot that is covered in armor that shoots a beam that is devastating to your exposed armorless body. Long story short I kept on dying and having to rethink my strategy to stay alive. In these troublesome battles, I would search my inventory to find the best weapon to use. This wasn't a problem until I further progressed in the game and gained a three-page inventory that required me 5 minutes to find a specific weapon. Another problem is the weapons themselves.They break so easily after such short use I have to have many weapons to survive. The climate is not your friend if it is too hot you will burn, and if it is too cold you will freeze. The rain is the most annoying thing ever and seems to happen every time I try to climb something which results in me ragdolling the whole mountain because video games don't care about physics.


You won't find yourself having nothing to do in this game as the possibilities are virtually endless.Prepared to play a challenging but rewarding game that you will most likely spend lots of your time on.Overall Legend Of Zelda Breath Of the Wild provides a fun and unique experience that is unlike any other.