The Last of Us on PS3/PS4 | Teen Ink

The Last of Us on PS3/PS4

February 9, 2017
By billiamthegoon SILVER, Hemet, California
billiamthegoon SILVER, Hemet, California
5 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress." -Barack Obama


The Last of Us is a third person action game, available exclusively to Playstation platforms. The game is centered mainly around the single-player campaign, but online multiplayer is included. The story is about Joel and Ellie, and how they survive in the zombie apocalypse.
   

The story of the game is amazing. We see Joel, an older man, and Ellie, a young girl, venture through a post-apocalyptic world, on a journey to get Ellie to the fireflies in hopes of inventing a cure for the zombie sickness. I obviously am not going to go into great detail about the story because of spoilers, but I can say this is the greatest story campaign of any game I've ever played. It's long, detailed, genuine, intriguing, and emotionally reels you in unlike any other game that has come before it.
   

The graphics and gameplay feel of this game are absolutely stunning. The graphics obviously had a lot of time put into them, and the game was well optimized for both the PS3 and PS4 systems. The actual gameplay feel was great, too. The controls were easy to grasp and the frame rate didn't feel blocky.
   

Lastly; the multiplayer. Although the multiplayer plays a small part in the game's entirety, it is worth noting. It is a fun extra gamemode, that gives you a feel of experiencing the gameplay with your friends. It is immersive, and a very fun thing to do when you're finished with the main story.
   

To conclude, The Last of Us is an amazing game. It excells in all the essential points of making a great game; great story, great graphics, and great gameplay. I give the Last of Us a 10/10 and would recommend it to anybody who owns a Playstation console.