Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege | Teen Ink

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

January 13, 2017
By ALS425 BRONZE, Baltimore, Maryland
ALS425 BRONZE, Baltimore, Maryland
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

At the base of playing a game is skill and knowledge. You learn to play the game and eventually with practice you gain skill. In Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, you will learn an entirely new definition of knowledge and skill in the video game perspective. Rainbow takes the first person shooter style game and not only changes it adds realistic and tactical improvements. Rainbow is a multiplayer game with Casual and Ranked game types. Casual has no drawback or gain for winning, it is simply to train and try new techniques or have some fun. The ranked game mode is to test your skills against similarly experienced players; winning increases your rank while losing decreases it. Many people spend countless hours playing Ranked to achieve the best rank: Diamond. Inside these game types are game modes, secure the area, bomb, and retrieve the hostage. Rainbow has a continually increasing number of unique maps with their own style. In each match the mode and map is randomly selected and faces 5 attack operators against 5 defense operators. In Rainbow the operators are anti-terrorism groups but while on defense the operators become terrorists. In every game mode the job of the defenders is to kill all attackers and protect the objective. In every game mode the job of attackers is to kill all defenders or secure the objective. Similarly to the maps, new unique operators are added every in game season which occur every three months. Every operator has guns and special abilities only they can use ranging from shields, sledge hammers, an anti-grenade device and even a fire crossbow just to name a few. On defense you are inside a building waiting to fight off attackers, you are given cameras that are placed throughout the map strategically to see enemies (these can be destroyed).  On Attack operators are given drones that are used to locate enemies and the object before the round starts (these drones are very beneficial considering Rainbow is mostly about Intel, and these drones can also be destroyed). In Rainbow there are many techniques to learn and use to have the upper hand on other players. For example unlike most first person shooters, a headshot is a one shot kill meaning aiming for the head is a better tactic than body shots. Many players still struggle to land head shots. While Rainbow is very enjoyable and a good way to test your skills in first person shooters, its biggest drawback is how toxic the community is. In Rainbow the players are very judgmental and are easily angered if you outplay them, usually resorting to them sending hate messages, which is why many accounts get banned. Even with this drawback I still give Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege a 10 out of 10. Even with hateful players you will be having the time of your life trying new tactics and operators to gain your own player Rank.


The author's comments:

This video game has brought manyy days worth of joy, so i thought i would share it with others