Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare on Xbox One, PS4, PC | Teen Ink

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare on Xbox One, PS4, PC

November 18, 2016
By DryerWorm47226 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
DryerWorm47226 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

 Some of the sequels benefit from adding more, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare needs a lot less. The thirteenth installment in Activision’s profit-padding franchise, Infinite Warfare is a game that has as many features as possible but still somehow feels empty. This is why the public doesn’t like this game because of the following reasons.
  

The days are gone where guns and grenades ruled the roost, instead we have space battles, arc weapons, rocket boosters and a general sense that the higher-ups at Infinity Ward are just looking at other first person shooter franchises. The game’s opening scene throws you onto Europa, one of Jupiter’s moons, and seeing the gas giant stretched across the sky is certainly a very different change from another partially destroyed city on Earth. The only it’s noticeable is because the core action just isn’t as compelling as it used to be. Perhaps then it’s in multiplayer that Infinite Warfare can redeem itself or maybe not. If you’re one of the many millions of people who picked up last year’s franchise entry Black Ops 3, then you most likely know what Infinite Warfare is all about.
  

The class system has been overhauled, to offer many variations in play style, there’s a new persistent perk system called “Traits,” and there are more futuristic weapons and throwables. The multiplayer is as solid as ever, with a couple of friends you can play for hours. But there’s little here to warrant spending $60. Just start up Black Ops 3. Zombie mode returns, this time set in an 80’s style theme park. It’s supposed to be more accessible to new players, but you already know it won’t last for long.


   It doesn’t help much that certain bundles of Infinite Warfare come with Modern Warfare Remastered. The 2007 title is one of the best first-person shooters of all time, getting the franchise out of World War ll and into the modern era. It is somewhat unbelievable that, after nine years, little of that excellence has waned. It helps a lot that Raven Software didn’t just add higher quality textures and call it a day. Instead they made the game a little better by applying better weather effects, lighting, character design and a little bump in resolution. Infinite Warfare is such as cluttered mess, it seems all the more appropriate that Modern Warfare should return and show it how flawed the franchise has come to be.
  

In conclusion, many people think that this game needs to be less futuristic and more in the old times when there were no rocket boosters. The Modern Warfare Multiplayer was like sliding into a pair of pants, it felt right and there was no gimmickry, just guns and grenades just like it should most likely always be. This is why lots of players around the world don’t find Infinite Warfare as good and entertaining as it should be.