League of Legends | Teen Ink

League of Legends

May 19, 2016
By Thepleb BRONZE, Gainesville , Florida
Thepleb BRONZE, Gainesville , Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Today I'm going to be reviewing one of the most played games called league of legends. This game is extremely popular around the world it is even a living for many of them. But to be honest I have many mixed thoughts about this game sometimes I enjoy it and other times I hate it so much.  League of Legends is a moba (Multiplayer online battle arena) that is normally two five man teams face each other for control over summoners rift. Where the goal is to destroy the enemy towers to get to there base and destroy this thing called a nexus. While doing this there are other sub objectives that can help you win like dragon or baron which give you buffs for extra pushing power. By winning or loosing you get experience that levels up you account which doesn't really do much but when you reach max level you can play ranked which is quite competitive. In ranked there is 6 different divisions and with in each division there is five levels for example one of the division's is bronze and the five different levels go bronze five and you go down to bronze one then you move to the next division.
   

In this game one of the things that brings the most enjoyment is the variations that you can do with your team. Such as all the different characters you can play there is at least a hundred  different characters which are called champions that you can play as and all of them have there own uniqueness. Each character is classified as two different classes such as fighter and tank. With these different classes there are different areas you go to on the map. There are three different areas or lanes you go to. It's all kinda confusing but when you start playing the game it's all kinda hectic and not really fun but when you get used to it then it becomes pretty enjoyable. When you start to get really good then you could possibly start entering into tournaments and if you win you can make money.
       

If you enjoy playing hard competitive games and like competition that can sometimes titl you or make you mad but in the end you win or lose but enjoyed it then this might be a game for you. Also if you want a game that varies and is always changing and coming out with new champions. But even though it's fun it still can be a bad game sometimes because the community in the game is really bad and rude. Most of the time someone is toxic and raging but you can just block them but it kinda gets annoying. Also the games matching system for skill levels is really bad it makes the teams unbalanced and only sometimes there is a game that is actually close. If you have friends that could play with I definitely  recommend that because it makes you experience so much better. If you don't enjoy competitive games that actually takes skill and fast reaction time the I wouldn't really recommend this game. If you are strategic then this is a really good game for you cause it takes great timing and a good strategy for you to win which makes the game more enjoyable for you and others. But either way you should try it out and download it because it's free and everyone likes free stuff.