Rocket League | Teen Ink

Rocket League

May 12, 2016
By Zach3301 BRONZE, Hemet, California
Zach3301 BRONZE, Hemet, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Everybody likes soccer to some degree, but we can all admit it gets boring at times. If you’re like me, I have the perfect solution for you: Rocket League. Rocket League is a game in which you drive your own customized car at mind boggling speeds, and play soccer with them. You can choose from 3 game types: soccer, basketball, or hockey. In any of the game types, the object is obviously to score more than the other team of 1-4 people. The field takes about 10 seconds to cross at maximum speed, and the goals are about 100 feet wide by 50 feet tall, which gives you a lot of room to move. What makes it even better is the fact that the entire field is enclosed, so you can bank shots or passes off the walls and even the towering ceiling.


Now what makes this better than regular soccer? It’s all in the title. Rocket League. Yes, you have a rocket on your car. This allows you to make some insane plays if you’re experienced. Me and my friends love making aerial plays 150 feet off of the ground moving at 200 MPH, watching a ball fly across the field and into the goal is one of my favorite things in the world. (Nerdy, I know.)


Now, I have to go over the facts. The game runs nearly flawlessly if you have a decent computer, but there are server problems randomly and there’s not much you can do about it other than switch what server you’re on. Other than that, I really can’t complain, because the developers have really started to listen to the players, and added more fields, cars and games. I recommend it 10 out of 10, and with all the new features coming out constantly, there’s never been a better time to buy it.
 


The author's comments:

I wrote this article to be helpful to other gamers, because I always like to read reviews from other players before I buy a game.