Call of Duty | Teen Ink

Call of Duty

March 2, 2016
By YouWillNeverKnow SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
YouWillNeverKnow SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

One of the greatest Call of Duty games ever created, a platinum hit game and a Treyarch production. It is Call of Duty World at War. This game came out almost a decade ago but I think that people should play this game again. I am going to talk about the great multiplayer in this game, the campaign, and the zombies mode.

 

Once the game starts up, most people will go straight to the multiplayer for a reason I don’t really know. It does have a lot of very cool maps. World at War will only have few maps and the rest of them you have to buy yourself. A very cool feature is that there are some ways that you can out think the opponent. But I am going to let you figure that out on your own. The game can kind of lacks at some parts though. The servers will crash frequently and I am pretty sure we are all familiar with what the term lag means. The reason why there’s a ton of problems is mainly because of how old the game is. Most people will look right past that part and keep on playing. The guns in  multiplayer are the same throughout the campaign which is awesome because the guns are super cool.


After a little while the multiplayer will start to bore people, so it’s off to the campaign.At the beggining you will experience a very intense scene where a soldier is being very badly beat. That probably won’t matter because you did buy a mature rated game. So you would expect that. Right after that scene it will just get even more intense. You will play in the Pacific Theater as an american soldier named Joe Miller or PVT Miller.

 

Following the Pacific theater is the European Theater with a Russian named Dimitri Petrenko. Dimitri is playing dead next to a fountain in a level called Vendetta. A few moments after the massacre from German troops. The rest of the level is fighting through Stalingrad  killing tons of Germans along the way. At the end of both theaters you will of course have beaten the game. And once you do so, you will have unlocked Nazi zombies.


World at War only offers you one map for zombies, and they make you buy the rest of them. But that one map is very simple and very fun to play. There are 2 floors and each floor has buyable guns on the wall. The map also includes also a mystery box on the first floor which includes every gun on the wall and the guns in the Pacific Theater. Zombies can get in when they break through one of the many windows scattered all over the map.
So now you know all about the game Call of Duty World at War. I highly recommend this game to people who are just starting with the Call of Duty franchise mainly because the campaign is quick and easy and the multiplayer is easy. The storyline is amazing and they follow WW2 realistically  too. The one that is not very acceptable in the game is the graphics. But once again the game did come out almost 10 years ago. Thankfully there are new Call of Duty’s coming out every single year and maybe just maybe, WW2 will return.