World of What Now | Teen Ink

World of What Now

March 7, 2016
By lnewinski SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
lnewinski SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Do you know what the best game is? My guess is that there are a lot of exceptional games but you never chose just one. According to Gamesradar.com, a game called World of Warcraft is the best game ever! I am sure you can agree and disagree with that decision. But World of Warcraft, WoW for short, is fun, competitive, growing, and has many upcoming events. Now what you might be asking yourself is “why this game?”. Well because it has a lot of  amusing elements, and many diverse events.


WoW is a MMORPG which stands for Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. MMO means that there are very many people on this game. WoW has 236 different servers, for just about every type of player. There are Role Playing servers and Player versus Player servers, too. Role Playing is where you create a character to act out certain actions in order to appear exceptional. Now WoW is all over the world with China and Asia leading the way, then down to United States and Canada. WoW is worldwide and is very vast in the gaming community. WoW keeps releasing a lot of expansions, which adds different chapters to the main storyline. Each expansion has more and more content each time they release a new version. They have added more races and classes, all better than the ones before them. Now WoW is famous for its massive amount of people.


World of Warcraft has over twenty eight million people that play the game. That number is increasing by the day, with everyone wanting to play the newest expansion. WoW is ranked number one on a lot of different sites, but on most sites they are ranked in the top five. WoW also has many ranked players, as well as guilds. Guilds are groups like clans or groups that do special raiding and PvP. PvP, which is Player versus Player, is where players in the game, battle against each other.


Two of the fun events to do in WoW include using objects inside the game and out of the game. The objects that are in game include a sandbox tiger which is a little blue ridable tiger. You also have pets inside the game which you can collect. Pets are fascinating because, in the latest expansion you can have pet battles. Pet Battles are where you battle pets to get more pets and experience for that pet. Another out of game collectibles is a WoW trading card game where you can cash in cards for in game items.You can also farm monsters, where you keep on attacking the same monster for some sort of mount or cool pet. Farming monsters requires a lot of skill.
One event is the release of WoW Legion, there has been a lot of hype to the release of the game. Players can register for a tournament, which is where people battle in PvP. Players at the tournaments battle in things called arenas or battlegrounds. They form groups of people and the groups, if they win, can get money and other prizes. One of the other events is Blizzcon 2016, is where people play games by Blizzard Entertainment.


The company that owns WoW is Blizzard Entertainment. Blizzard Entertainment has a lot more games, they have games like Starcraft, Diablo and Overwatch. One of my favorite games is Diablo. Diablo is a game where you fight monsters and travel through a storyline. Blizzard has grown from being a small company to a big company, offering many games.


Even though WoW is not the most popular game like Call of Duty and other games, I think it is exciting and I hope you play it too. WoW has changed and been remade over the years, but it has still been really lifelike to other MMORPG’s. WoW has risen to the top of most people's “most favorite games” list. Hope you learned something and play World of Warcraft.