Project Diva 2 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

November 19, 2015

For you music lovers, anime and vocaloid fans, and Japanese culture and language nerds (that’s me), “Project Diva 2” is a fantastic game for you! For those of you who have no clue what a vocaloid is, they are electronic voice clips that can be manipulated to form words and perform songs, which is what this game is all about. “Project Diva 2” is a rhythm game that is more than addicting and is great for any age (and is also part of a series that you don’t have to play in any order; this just happens to be my favorite one). With songs for any type of music fan and great Japanese animations, “Project Diva 2” is truly amazing.

It isn’t just for girls either! I have friends of both genders who have gotten super-addicted to it (in fact, I was introduced to this game by a male friend and went out to buy it almost immediately after). As players advance through the songs on four levels of difficulty, new songs are unlocked and gifts are awarded. The songs are catchy and designed so that they can be enjoyed by anyone.

“Project Diva 2” (and other Project Diva merchandise, including companion games) can be found for a reasonable price that is well worth it. Although this game is only for PlayStation portable devices, the original can be found for the Nintendo 3DS, Sega RingEdge, Sega Nu, and iOS. I highly recommend it for anyone, but be warned: it is highly addictive!