Devil Survivor: Overclocked | Teen Ink

Devil Survivor: Overclocked

November 18, 2015
By A.Marcus DIAMOND, Landing, New Jersey
A.Marcus DIAMOND, Landing, New Jersey
86 articles 11 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."
-Emily Bronte

"A shadow is the most loyal friend."
-Amanda Marcus


 I am a huge fan of Japanese original animations and RPGs, and this game did not disappoint on either front!  Devil Survivor: Overclocked is the first in a two part video game series follows a young boy and his friends as they struggle with a new and frightening discovery.  Do you know what that discovery is?  What power they now have?  This group of teens have to struggle with demons and the ability to see a person’s remaining life span. 


A player will play the game as the protagonist (the young boy) and will have to choose from several options in order to make several life or death decisions in order to save as many people as possible.  It is a thrilling game with a great plot, good interactive element, and great visuals (which is not always the case)!


This game is available for Nintendo DS and 3DS on Amazon for a reasonable price, and let me tell you, it’s worth it!  I was thrilled to learn that there is a second game (and animated TV series) and would highly recommend this game to anyone with a love of RPGs, Japanese animations, and thrilling games!  It is a great experience for all ages and is and even better discussion starter among gamers!