Dark Souls | Teen Ink

Dark Souls

October 29, 2015
By Grizzlyq1123 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
Grizzlyq1123 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"huehuehuehuehue" quentin


Have you ever wanted to just cruise through a game? Or how about just destroying every enemy you come across  from the very beginning of the game. If this is the case then Dark Souls is not the game for you. Dark Souls is only for the gamers who want a challenging but fun gaming experience. Dark Souls rewards people who put time and effort into the game.

The game Dark Souls has an astounding, and emotional story . The only problem with it is that it doesn’t just give you the story like many other games. You have to want to learn the story and the history of Lordran (where it all takes place)  in order to know what's going on, which can make many people confused or just not even bother to learn, but it gives you everything you need to know. The game has tons of lore that goes with it also.  If you like one aspect of the game such a specific character or a weapon,  the chances are the game has a decent amount of lore in it. The story is rich in content and will leave you awed for a long time after you finish.

The gameplay of Dark Souls is exhilarating and unique but also aggravating at times.  It's a little different than other third person rpgs but that’s part of the reason why people like it. It’s a little clunky at first but eventually anyone can get used to it. It's actually very easy to learn but a little more difficult to master. There are some points when the actual game will take advantage of the clunky controls in order to make the game more challenging. There are many styles of combat, that the player can choose to create for themselves.  You can use purely magic or mix it with certain weapons. Each weapon and spell has different attributes making each combination unique. 

Another thing that makes Dark Souls is the multiplayer. The multiplayer is different than what is in most other games. Dark Souls Multiplayer is activates even in "single player". This means that when you are playing by yourself other people get to interact with you and you get to interact with other people . What makes this unique and special is that, the interactions can either be good or bad depending on what other people want. The good interactions include things such as getting help to defeat the tough enemies or offering your help to other people. This interaction is more controlled than the bad interaction as the player gets to choose if they even want help or if they want to offer their help. The bad interaction is when the players turn against each other. This may not sound like that big of a deal but when you hear that dreaded sound of the invasion or see the frightening text saying "You are being invaded" you know something is going to happen that can lead to your  abominable death. You will have to fight for your life when you get invaded and it can happen anytime that you are not something called a hollow. You may ask, " Why don’t I just remain a hollow then?" The reason why is because you can't be a hollow in order to use certain features ,such as getting help from a friend. On the upside, you will have chances to be an invader to, in order to steal things from unsuspecting foes, but you will have to be careful as you may invade someone more powerful than you.

Dark Souls is a very fun game that you should definitely try to play if you haven't before. It gives players a challenge but it rewards that challenge when you overcome it. It has its downsides of making the player aggravated for a big duration of the game, and I wouldn’t recommend you play it, if you get angry easily or want a game that you won't purposely infuriate you. On the contrary, if you love a challenge then Dark Souls is the game for you.


The author's comments:

This game is amazing