Dragon Age: Inquisition | Teen Ink

Dragon Age: Inquisition

February 17, 2015
By ForksTim BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
ForksTim BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
1 article 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"When I'm sad I stop being sad and be awesome instead, true story." - Barney Stinson, HIMYM
"It's not God that kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only Us." - Rorschach, Watchmen


Introduction
Dragon Age: Inquisition, a fantastic third installment to the franchise Dragon Age,  that started with Dragon Age: Origins, a critically acclaimed masterpiece, followed by Dragon Age II… the second game.


Narrative
Dragon Age: Inquisition’s narrative is significantly more compelling than that of it’s predecessors. You are the world, Thedas, and all of its inhabitants’ last hope. The world has been thrown into turmoil from tears into the ‘Fade,’ the realm housing demons, monsters and all mage’s magic source, that only you can close as well as their sudden appearance having spawned legions of monsters, and enormous rift in the sky titled the Breach, who kill the majority of the world’s leaders. The story is only fast-paced during main missions mostly, which can be unlocked by completing side quests that give you ‘power,’ certain missions need a certain amount of power, and there is almost always several choices between which path you want to take/ what your priorities are as the Inquisitor, leader of the Inquisition.
The Inquisition was formed after the Conclave, the meeting where most of Thedas’ leaders die. Their goal is to bring peace back to Thedas by closing the ‘Breach,’ rifts and solving the political problems as best they can.


Graphics and Aesthetics
Easily the most technically impressive and aesthetically pleasing game in the franchise. While Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age II’s graphics were good for their time, they were pretty bland. BioWare fixed this with Dragon Age 3’s vibrant ,and for lack of a better word, wicked art design. These graphics ‘ought to last for years to come.
Side Quests, Choices, Etc.
In Dragon Age: Inquisition you are given many opportunities to make choices that matter, upgrade you and your companions’ abilities, as well as customize your character physically, as well as by crafting, buying and finding armor, weapons, clothing and accessories, as is common in role-playing games (RPGs)


Characters
BioWare is known for making in-depth, believable characters, Dragon Age: Inquisition is no exception. All of the characters had personality, but my favorite were Cassandra; the tough, no nonsense warrior that is actually quite kind once you get to know her, Varric; the dwarf rogue with a clever sense of humor, and independence… and a semi-automatic crossbow he named Bianca.


Multiplayer
Multiplayer was a huge disappointment, it was nothing more than a tacked on feature made for making money (through micro-transactions), and it was a bad one. You play as one of eight default characters (which you can swap through in between maps) and fight things… there is minimal teamwork, and when it is present it is more of a task that requires a certain class, which can even keep you from advancing.

Conclusion and Final Verdict
This is a great game with easily over 100 hours of gameplay, and it is a must have for RPG gamers.
3 ½ Stars out of 4


The author's comments:

This game was super awesome, so I felt like I'd share that with y'all.