Counter Strike: Global Offensive on PC | Teen Ink

Counter Strike: Global Offensive on PC

February 9, 2015
By Steven Nguyen BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
Steven Nguyen BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Counter Strike Global Offensive is a FPS (First Person Shooter) with a lot of action and team play. Counter Strike Global Offensive is a game you would want to look into if you are interested in games that are harder than Call of Duty and more realistic yet simplistic. Unlike most shooting games, this game is very difficult to pick up and requires common sense like physics. There are two teams: Terrorists and Counter-Terrorists. The objective of the Terrorists is to plant bombs and defend it so it can explode. The objective of the Counter-Terrorists is to defuse the bomb before it explodes. Both teams must have keen communication with other teammates to be successful. Although once you die, you cannot respawn; therefore, not allowing your character to come back to life until the round ends. If all of your teammates die, your team automatically loses and vice versa. The one thing I like most about this game is that you have a market where you can sell, buy, and bet on skins (painted or designed guns you buy) with real money! In fact, people buy and sell skins as a job. A skin can cost from five cents up to four thousand dollars. YIKES! The reason why skins are so expensive is because they’re very rare and unique. People don’t know why the Counter Strike community likes to buy and sell skins, but it has increased the popularity of the game making it one of the best FPS games on the Steam Market. I personally enjoy this game more than any other. To me, this game makes you feel the closest thing of going into the army. Every decision you make can be a huge impact in the game and teamwork is very important. This game is very astonishing and exciting to play. Although there is quite a bit of lag on some servers that limit your gameplay. The worst part about this game is getting scammed by trading skins. People steal a lot of skins from others by putting their skin they want to trade.  At the last second they take their skin out and they press accept. This has been going on for a while but Valve managed to some of it. Overall, this game is very fun and competitive to play.