Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 on First Person Shooter | Teen Ink

Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 on First Person Shooter

January 27, 2015
By Gmanawsmness SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Gmanawsmness SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

In a small town in the middle of California, looking around while running and all of a sudden you hear a scream. Getting hit, then again, a caption shows up at the top of the screen that says, “You Survived 10 Rounds.” The zombies got you and you’re back at the starting screen. I’m here to tell about the good and the bad of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 where I will talk about how the campaign has good replay value, but can be annoying at times, how the multiplayer can be fun or frustrating, and about the zombies game mode.


First of all when you talk about the campaign you have to know some of the characters that make it all happen. There are the good guys like David Mason, which is who you play as, Mike Harper, your “right hand man”. Then there is Alex Mason, who you play as in the 1980’s missions, and Frank Woods, who is giving all of the information to David and Mike about the missions he did with David’s father. Next are the bad guys. The main bad guy is Raul Menendez, whose sister was killed by US forces and so he swore revenge. Then there is Manuel Noriega,  who is the Cuban dictator that is in contact and works with Raul Menendez. What I think makes this really cool and unique are the fact that it has a dynamic storyline where at certain key points the decisions you make affect the entire ending of the game. Next there is the intel and challenges that go with every mission. The intel is a bunch of bright white files placed around the campaign mission map that you have to find to complete challenges. But the challenges themselves are the hardest part of the whole campaign because of their variety of things you have to do in order to complete them. After you finish the campaign the next thing anyone wants to do in a CoD game is play the online multiplayer.


In the multiplayer there are many things that are bad and many thing that are good. Some of the bad would be that  you could be about 15 feet away from a guy and you hit the knife button and you are magically boosted towards your enemy and get him with your knife. Another thing is there are some people that will hack or mod the game so they can get 50 foot boost knifing or where they have unlimited health, but the nice thing is that there aren’t many of those people around. Some of the good things on the other hand is that there is a new Create-a-Class system, so making your own classes is even easier than previous games and give you a better overview of your class. Also there is the remake of the map Nuketown, from Black Ops 1, has been made more modern in the new map Nuketown 2025. There are some features that give you individualism from the rest of the CoD community and some of those are Create-a-Class, emblems, and calling cards. Create-a-Class is where you get to make 5 of your own unique classes to use in battle against the enemy, and if you really want to you can buy an extra five class slots if you were to want them. There are also emblems in which you can take a bunch of different shapes, letters, or objects and make pictures out of them. There are also calling cards which are unlocked by completing various challenges and such. Finally there is prestiging which is whenever you get to level 55 you can prestige up and you can do that until your tenth prestige where you become prestige master. When you get bored of the multiplayer experience there is always the fun loving game mode of zombies.


Zombies offers a variety of maps starting off with Green Run. Green Run is the area that these maps are. The first and main map is Tranzit where you can play the zombies “storyline” and there is survival. Next would be town where you can play survival and farm where you play likewise. The four characters that you play as in the storyline are Marleton, he is sort of a geek, Misty, who is more of an outgoing and loud person, Russman, the african-american old guy that resembles a hobo, and there is Samuel, who is possessed by the demonic voices of maxis and Richtofen. In the game mode Tranzit you ride around on a bus going to the various places around Green Run as these characters doing what the voices tell you to. Then if you buy the season pass or the DLC separately the first pack is Revolution. This pack contains the map Die Rise where you run around two skyscrapers doing what the voices tell you to. There is also back at the Green Run area the diner is unlocked to play turned where you must play with at least two people where one of you is the zombie and the other has to kill the zombie. Also the gun called the Peacekeeper is unlocked for online multiplayer. Next would be the Uprising DLC pack which gives you online multiplayer maps, as does all other DLC packs, and the zombies map Alcatraz is given to. In Alcatraz you play as 4 guys, Billy, Sal, Finn, and Weasel. Next would be the Vengeance pack. This one unlocks the map Buried where you play in an old west town buried underground. Also unlocked is the Ray Gun Mark II which is the new and improved version of the all famous Ray Gun which is also in the game. The last of the major DLC packs is the Apocalypse pack. This pack includes the zombies game mode Origins.

Origins is where you play as Edward Richtofen, the German scientist, Tank Dempsey, the american CIA agent, Nikolai, the Russian spy, and Takeo, the Japanese spy. The mode is set in 1918 on the French battlefield of WWI. In here the demonic announcer becomes Samantha, a spirit that claims to be the daughter of the late German scientist Maxis who worked with Richtofen. You work to build staffs and open the gateway to Agartha.
So in conclusion the game has its ups and downs, its goods and bads, but overall I think of this as a great addition in the CoD franchise. So when you’re hitting the start button to do another round of zombies or going into another round of multiplayer have fun and enjoy the game.