Dragon Age on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC | Teen Ink

Dragon Age on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC

September 23, 2014
By Anonymous

The Dragon Age is a game filled of excitement, adventure, and a world of fantasy for any mature person who wants to take on the challenge with certain choices both drastic and diplomatic. I, as a gamer, have been a part of this growing world from the game’s beginning. Ever since then, the games’ creators’ success from the ‘Grey Warden’ to the ‘Kirkwall Champion’ has made an impact on Dragon Age, especially the choices in the storyline have revolutionized their entire world.

In the first Dragon Age you can play as an elf, dwarf, or human with classes of rogue, mage (except dwarves), or warrior. In the beginning you go with the plot story line experiencing a tragic event before being rescued by Duncan, a senior grey ward, and led to fight darkspawn as a grey warden. Sadly betrayal occurs after surviving as the only warn in the ‘joining’. Shortly thereafter, the King of Feralden is dead as are the other grey wardens, including Duncan. Now Alistair and you are the remaining wardens from Feralden. You are in charge of finding allies from peace treaties and companions in order to fight the ‘Blight’ and slay the archdemon, who is a dragon, to save Feralden. In the sequel Dragon Age: Awakening, despite if the warden survives or not, he or she is called the ‘Warden Commander’ taking Arl Howes’ estate. During the journey allies are gained by choices of whether you accept or decline their assistance. Then the allies are turned into grey wardens. In the end, there is a hard choice between saving the city or the estate before facing the dreaded ‘Mother’ and encountering possible conflict with the ‘Architect’ minions.

Just as in Dragon Age, in Dragon Age II, you can choose your class except you’re human with the last name of Hawke. At the beginning, your family is escaping the ‘Blight’; the class of your character determines the tragedy first laid upon the family. You also gain an ally despite the choice of the characters you are. The allies’ fondness or hatred towards you impacts what type of person you are portrayed as. Despite the same boring graphics and lay out, the plot still keeps players intrigued especially strategists like me. The game felt too short to me and I felt it was a waste of time in spending three years with Dragon Age II. I felt this version of Dragon Age didn’t make enough improvements to the game and after so long I’m excited about major changes in the next version.

Finally the newest Dragon Age edition is Dragon Age: Inquisition where you play as the ‘Inquisitor’ of any race with the same classes, possibly more. This game will be multiplayer unlike the other three games made as well as better graphics. There also will be returning characters from the past three games and even new characters to greet. The only bad thing is now they delayed its release to November 18, 2014.

In conclusion The Dragon Age Series is conventional yet excitingly new to all players, no matter what point they join in the journey. This series features plots based on decisions. This game will attract those who love adventure, fantasy, or anything to blow their minds with the complexity of the strategy at hand. Join the journey while you still can!