The Legend of Zelda a Link Between Worlds on Nintendo 3DS | Teen Ink

The Legend of Zelda a Link Between Worlds on Nintendo 3DS

March 4, 2014
By GusSorola SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
GusSorola SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
6 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Gus Sorola


The latest installment in the Legend of Zelda franchise, The Legend of Zelda a Link Between Worlds, has many changes that make it new and fresh while revisiting the world from The Legend of Zelda a Link to The Past. One of the many things they added into this game to set it apart from other Zelda games is Links ability to merge into walls and walk around. This new power link possess is a core gameplay mechanic and plot point, and it creates a whole other dimension to the gameplay. Other interesting thing that has been done in The Legend of Zelda a Link Between Worlds that sets it apart is in the beginning of the game you can rent all the items you need you need. This is pretty much the exact opposite of what other Zelda games do where the player would usually find the items gradually in the temples and dungeons. This takes away from the feel of gradual world expansion through the unlocking of new times that is common in many classic Nintendo franchises such as Metroid and The Legend of Zelda . Along with all this the game also has two connected worlds that you can go back and forth between to solve puzzles and get items to increase health or get stronger items. All in all the connect worlds each have a unique feel while still being very closely related. All in All The Legend of Zelda a Link Between Worlds is a good game and worth playing, but not Zelda game that many dedicated fans are akin to.