Injustice: Gods Among Us on Fighting | Teen Ink

Injustice: Gods Among Us on Fighting

June 18, 2013
By Cyber-Skull PLATINUM, Norfolk, Virginia
Cyber-Skull PLATINUM, Norfolk, Virginia
40 articles 0 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Why so serious?" -Heath Ledger as The Joker

"BOOST!" -Welsh Dragon Armor; High School DxD


A fighting game from the creators of Mortal Kombat. This should be fun.
Injustice: Gods Among Us. So Injustice is a fighting game from the creators of Mortal Kombat 9 and Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe. It's not your typical everyday side scrolling fighter. In this game, you can interact with the environment, and even use it against your opponent. On to the story of the game. We start the game with an image of Metropolis in chaos. Okey Dokey. So we soon learn that the Joker made Superman attack the city and even kill Lois Lane and her unborn son: Superman's unborn son. Ouch. And Superman, being the boyscout that he is, does the sensible thing: he rips the Joker's guts out and kills him. Didn't expect that, did you? Then we skip to the Justice League fighting bad guys like Doomsday, Black Adam, and Solomon Grundy. Yes, the Superman we saw was an alternate version of him from a parallel universe. So yeah, the league is fighting inter-dimensional duplicates of themselves, which I actually like. I enjoy stories like that. Anyway, the Joker of this dimension is about to set off a nuke, but before he can a flash of light transports Batman, Joker, Aqua-man, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and Green Arrow are sent to the alternate universe which takes place 5 years after Joker blew Metropolis to hell, and Superman basically rules the planet. The Batman of the evil world brought our heroes to his dimension to put an end to Superman's reign. In the bad world, Superman is crazy, Green Lantern is yellow, Green Arrow's dead, WW is trying to get int Superman's tights, a good chunk of the heroes and villains are on Superman's side and Batman is the only true hero left. But enough of that; let's talk about the gamely itself. Each character has their own 1-2-3 combo system, but as you develop your experience, it gets easier to use the more advanced combos. It's not easy per say, but it just feels natural. Also, each character has their own personality. For example, Green Arrow is like Tony Stark meets Hawkeye. And each character has their own special move. When you press the B button, Batman has little bats circle around him, and Superman hits are stronger. Each character's special move is reflective of their style and persona. As a nice addition, there's a feature that has the characters clash. They pull back, say something to one another, they clash and there's a huge explosion, and if you win the clash it gets the other guy off your back. But even that's personalized. Like when Arrow and Grundy are duking it out, if there's a clash Grundy goes "Arrow-man no hurt Grundy!", then Green Arrow goes,"Arrow-man yes hurt Grundy!" And it's a blast when games personalize the characters and what not.
Each character has their own specialized supernovae. Like with Superman, he hits you up into outer space flies up and hits you back down to Earth. Each character's is unique and different. And like Mortal Kombat, the game has its own challenge tower, only it's Star Labs. What's hard about it is trying to get three stars. The tasks are easy but getting three stars on every one of them is a challenge. And what do you get for completing it all: a Flash skin. The only extra characters you can get are DLC. All you unlock is an additional skin to wear. That is frustrating.
But overall, it's a really enjoyable game. I'm proud to say that Injustice is a 4.3 out of 5, and is worth buying at full price. So have you played Injustice? What did you think of it? Comment below and let me know. I'll get more video games reviews up ASAP. I promise. Bye-bye.


The author's comments:
Yes! My first video game review! Enjoy!