Assassin’s Creed | Teen Ink

Assassin’s Creed

February 23, 2013
By Anonymous

Have you ever played a videogame that blew your mind and changed every misconception that you had about what a videogame can and should be? Well, if you haven’t, then I would highly recommend the epic and legendary fifth installment of the Assassin’s Creed series, Assassin’s Creed III. This game shattered my expectations because the last four of the Assassin’s Creed games were absolutely incredible as well. I thought that Ubisoft couldn’t top the last game, Assassin’s Creed Revelations, but they did an outstanding job of making this game even better! Assassin’s Creed III, with its stunning graphics and magnificent overall gameplay experience, is in my top five videogames of all time, almost eclipsing Super Smash Bros. Melee and Call of Duty.

To inform the unfortunate individuals who have not had the privilege to play any of the Assassin’s Creed games, the brief history of this game is that a man by the name of Desmond Miles has to use a machine called the Animus to go into past and relive the lives of some of his ancestors, who (get this) are all assassins. Why does he have to do this, you ask? He must do this in order to make sense of what is happening is the modern day and what the ominous megacorporation of Obstergo is planning. In this magnificent game, Desmond has to go back to his ancestor in revolutionary times and help the early states escape the tyranny of the British, just like he is trying to escape the tyranny of Obstergo in the modern day.

As I said before, this game has stunning graphics and it provides a brilliant overall gameplay experience. The graphics are so good that, if you didn’t know any better, you would think that you were watching a movie! I think my favorite part about the dazzling graphics was the water in the game and the enormous, open world that you can explore, which has so many intricate details and beautiful landscapes that you are able to get sidetracked from the main storyline quite easily. Another point about this game that is worth bragging about is the fighting. The fighting in this game is based on counter attacks (when you string together a few counters, watch out Redcoats, you are almost unstoppable). If you are thinking that this game is just about killing people (which is partially true), then you will be in for quite the surprise. This game features one of the most intricately crafted, and mind boggling storylines that you will ever (EVER) play in a videogame. It starts off with a major twist, but then, the end of the game will, quite literally, leave you gawking at your television screen while the credits roll fleetingly across the monitor. The end just absolutely blew my mind and left me thinking, “What just happened!?” This game can also act as an amazingly interactive history lesson because you encounter all sorts of historical figures like fighting alongside General George Washington and Samuel Adams. You can tell that the makers at Ubisoft did all that they could to masterfully recreate the early American colonies. Overall, Assassin’s Creed III was an astounding work of art that will go down as one of the greatest games in videogaming history.


The author's comments:
The game was amazing