Minecraft on PC, Xbox,Ipod/Iphone,Xperia Play | Teen Ink

Minecraft on PC, Xbox,Ipod/Iphone,Xperia Play

June 5, 2012
By ERic101397 BRONZE, Alton, New Hampshire
ERic101397 BRONZE, Alton, New Hampshire
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Have you ever found yourself playing a video game and wishing that there was no end, or that you could do anything that you wanted? Well now in the Blocky worlds of Minecraft you can! Minecraft is a Swedish Sandbox game that started from the idea of an endless game, with endless capabilities. The way that Minecraft works is that it generates a world made of “blocks” around a player nicknamed by players, Steve, and has specific resources to gather, and later turn into tools in which you can gather materials faster, build a home, and then survive the endless hordes of monsters that roam your world at night (an option that you can disable at any time).

Again, Minecraft is different from all other games because it creates a world in a manner unlike any other, and it is completely customizable. Even the game itself can be changed in looks, material, character appearance, and even game play using modifications. You can even name your worlds. Minecraft can be an amazing game, but it was created by an even more amazing person, and that person would be named Mark Perrson, also known as “Notch”. Notch is a Swedish game designer, programmer, and philanthropist. Notch is most known for his work in Minecraft, and even took leave from his job to work on it full-time until the game was officially released from BETA on November 18, 2011, at the first Minecon, which was held in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Even though Minecraft is “Done” it is still upgraded every few months or so. Which means there is always something new to look forward to, and you also never get to bored, since there is always something new to try with the new update. Minecraft can indeed become somewhat tedious as you continue, but then you can also try to change the game, in which Minecraft was designed to do. You can get all sorts of “mods” or modifications for the game off of the official Minecraft Forum, or even off multiple other sites. Using these, the sky is literally the limit!

My opinion on the game is that it is a fantastic game that can be customized to fit any gamers need. Even people who only like games like Call of Duty, or Halo would be sucked into this addicting game. One game that Minecraft is somewhat similar to and that I recommend that everyone play would be BETHESTA’s seventh installment in the Elder Scroll series : Skyrim. Again, this game is a fantastic collaboration of virtual reality, in its own blocky way…


The author's comments:
I've played Minecraft for almost 4 years, and I know my stuff quite well. If I "missed anything" you can just go to Minecraftforum.net, or Minecraftwiki.net. You can also buy the Game at Minecraft.net