Battlefield 3 on Playstation 3, Xbox360

February 8, 2012
I am doing my essay on Battlefield 3. Battlefield 3 is a first person shooter game that takes place in present time in the American army. In the campaign, you try to defend America from the POW, the Russian army that has stolen a nuke from the United States and you have to try to find it and bring it back.

The multiplayer part of this game is very interesting. There are only two teams, the US and the RU or Russian army. The ground fighting is very simple. You start out as a level one with no gadgets and not very many weapons. The ranking system goes from one to fifty. After you reach level fifty, you can enter a prestige mode where you start over in ranks and guns. When you enter prestige mode you earn one prestige emblem, which shows how experienced you are at the game. Vehicles play a major part in the multiplayer mode in this game. There are tanks, humvees, boats, LAVs, helicopters and jets. Each vehicle, excluding boats and humvees, can acquire their own level that grants them upgrades, gadgets and alternate weapons.

There is a third mode in this game, co-op campaign. I co-op, you can play online with one other person in any campaign mission. You have to earn points by getting kills, destroying vehicles and capturing objectives. During the co-op, you get opportunities to use your points to unlock guns that you can use in multiplayer. The co-op missions range from driving tanks, general warfare, and flying helicopters.

I would recommend this game to anybody who likes life-like first person shooting games, plus some. I personally like this game because of the reality of the game and the great vehicles that the game offers. I would rate this game a ten out of ten because of the realness and the life-like vehicles during multiplayer.