Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 | Teen Ink

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

December 13, 2011
By Jack1 SILVER, Overland Park, Kansas
Jack1 SILVER, Overland Park, Kansas
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 is arguably the best Call of duty since Call of Duty World at War. Modern Warfare 3 upgraded the multiplayer game play experiences from the previous Modern Warfares, one and two. In this essay I will mention the new campaign, multiplayer and special ops experiences.

The campaign brings a new environment to Call of Duty. The campaign takes place in the year of 2053 in World war 3. The Americans come to conflict with Russia because Russian extremists try to hijack air force 1, and capture the United States president. The antagonist is a Russian man by the name of Vladimir Makarov. Makarov first showed in the first Modern Warfare as the same antagonist. You mainly play as a retired Russian spy named Yuri, helps captain John Price.

The multiplayer game play has been upgraded since the past Modern Warfares. For ranks you have level 1-80. Always in every call of duty you can prestige in the multiplayer world. In modern warfare 3, you have the ability to prestige ten times. Another addition to the multiplayer is the new prestige shop located in the barracks. There are two new perk classes that are customizable for each custom class, specialist and support.

The special ops mode is the same as Modern Warfare 2 with a twist. The special ops in Modern Warfare 3 includes the regular special missions along with a new game mode called survival. In survival, you can buy guns out of shops, call in airstrikes, pick up perks, battle endless waves of enemies and defeat juggernauts.

In the end, Modern Warfare 3 has been a huge hit selling close to 10 million copies in the first few days of it’s release, me included. This game is priced at 59.95 for Wii, Xbox360, Playstation 3, PC and multiple handheld devices. Call of duty Modern Warfare 3 is a very good game, the best since Call of Duty World at War.


The author's comments:
This piece comes from my own call of duty game on the platform of ps3, but i wrote this article for all platformms.