MLB 11 The Show on PS3 | Teen Ink

MLB 11 The Show on PS3

October 25, 2011
By cjb123 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
cjb123 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Are you bored because baseball season doesn’t start until spring? No worries because there’s a solution to that. PlayStation has released one of the most thrilling, interactive baseball games of the year. MLB 11 The Show has everything you would look for from pitching, hitting, base running, and playing defense.

MLB 11 The Show is a complete depiction of Major League Baseball’s 2011 season with different game modes to appeal to your preferences. Play with your favorite teams including their Minor League affiliates in Exhibition games, and in Franchise and Season game modes. You can also play against your friends and different people throughout the country. Not only that but you can cooperate and team up with them as well. This game also offers you the Road to the Show. This game mode lets you create your own player and control him throughout his baseball career. You will guide him throughout his climb from the minor leagues to the majors. What more could you ask for?

If you seek realism this is definitely your game. Starting from the almost perfect team stadiums and ballparks, to the distinct faces of the players, their batting stances, and the wind up of the pitchers, nothing can get more realistic than this. Defense, in a nutshell, is amazing. While controlling the player you can dive to catch a sinking line drive, or stop a ground ball going towards the hole and make a leaping catch for a thrilling home run robbery.

The Show also features the players’ speed and power. Work your way up the bases by stealing bags. Swing for the fences and show off the power of your favorite hitter in Homerun Derby with the new PlayStation Move. The move allows you to be in the batter’s position, stand in the batter’s box, wait for the pitch and hit the ball out of the ballpark by swinging the bat yourself.

For the baseball fans out there, this is a must have game. If you would like to give it a try, I assure you that you won’t be disappointed. Not only does it entertain you but it also helps you learn more about the American pasttime.