The Simpsons: Hit and Run This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“The Simpsons: Hit and Run” was released in 2003. It combines GTA mission structure, platforming, and an open-world environment. This has to be the best Simpsons game ever.

Story: Something fishy is going on in Springfield. There are vans with spy cameras, robotic bees with hidden cameras, and a new Buzz Cola is being distributed.

Gameplay revolves around Homer, Bart, Marge, Lisa, and Apu. Each section is divided into chapters. You control one character in each chapter, set in different parts of Springfield. Then you do a mission involving either destroying, protecting, collecting, or racing something. Overall, the gameplay is pretty good, and the controls work well.

For a 2003 game, it looks great. Thank goodness the company used regular 3-D as opposed to cel-shaded graphics. The game uses shadow effects. Some buildings are wacky and fun to look at; others are bland and boring. It's obvious the houses, cars, and pedestrians are recycled during the game, but everything is very colorful and great to look at. I didn't encounter any pop-ups or glitches. The graphics are fun.

In addition to the missions, you can do optional tasks such as race for more coins or just cause havoc with your car. “The Simpsons: Hit and Run” is a great game, even though it has many characteristics of a GTA game.

SovietAuthor1 said...
Dec. 19, 2011 at 1:24 am
I remember playing this game when i was in gamestop and asking for a game that was "related" to GTA because my parents didnt allow me to get mature games. Loved this game, now that im able to play GTA... i think this game is still more entertaining, just saying ;D.

EJK143 said...
Nov. 22, 2011 at 12:11 pm
Great job! I loved this game!