Call of Duty: Black Ops on Xbox 360 | Teen Ink

Call of Duty: Black Ops on Xbox 360

March 24, 2011
By Anonymous

In November 2009, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 was released. This game was the most successful video game of 2009. So when Treyarch announced that they were making the next Call of Duty and not Infinity Ward, the company that made Modern Warfare 2, all Call of Duty fans doubted them. But Treyarch proved everyone wrong.

Call of Duty: Black Ops was released in November of 2010 and all of its famous names in its commercials such as Eminem in one song that was part of the soundtrack and Kobe Bryant in one of its other commercials. These famous names made a lot more people buy the game than expected. When I first got the game, the first was the campaign. It was about what I expected from what I saw from the trailers. The campaign is about 16 levels and to me each one gets harder and harder. I like this campaign a lot more than Modern Warfare 2’s campaign. On a scale of 5, I would give this campaign a 5. It is very creative and doesn’t want to make you stop playing it.

The second feature of this game that stands out is the multiplayer mode. I think that the new features such as wager matches and the money system have really made this game too easy. But it really balances out with the extra 5 prestiges. Call of Duty: Black Ops’s multiplayer mode is fun but on the other hand very easy. On a scale of 5, I would give this Call of Duty’s multiplayer a 3.

This game as a whole has very few glitches and hacks in order to cheat. And when the creator, Treyarch finds out about these things, they immediately patch whatever it is. If you aren’t a hardcore Call of Duty player, this game is worth every cent. I wouldn’t buy this if I played on a regular or daily basis, because it gets boring very quickly and is very easy. As a whole, on a scale of 5, I would give this game a 3.5. This is a very creative game but Treyarch went a little overboard with all the unnecessary features.