Red Dead Redemption on Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 | Teen Ink

Red Dead Redemption on Xbox 360 and Playstation 3

October 21, 2010
By JeremiahTJ BRONZE, Dolores, Colorado
JeremiahTJ BRONZE, Dolores, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Veni Vidi Vici."
Julious Ceaser, 47 BC


The Wild West has erupted onto video gamers' screens in Rockstar's new game Red Dead Redemption, exclusively on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. In this game the player find's him or herself as ex-bank robber, John Marston who, in a turn of events, has found himself working for the Government to pay for his past crimes. While playing the story players will be faced with several morale choices that will reflect what kind of person they are, and how they wish to play the game. Players will also experience realistically immersive communities, ranging from Texas to Mexico, that are beautifully rendered, and emulate the Wild West perfectly. Accompanying these wonderful communities is the combat and graphics of the game.

Combat is unique, successfully merging a first person shooter style into a role-playing-game, providing the player with a variety of weapons, from the classic double barrel shot-gun to the Winchester rifle. Red Dead also offers a unique aiming system called “Dead Eye”, which allows players to slow down time to improve accuracy. Equipped with these classic weapon's players can roam around the West- as the Red Dead Redemption world is vey open- hunting massive beasts, gambling, dueling, taking out the odd, and dangerous bandit hide-out, collecting herbs, herding cattle, or just robbing the usual bank. Players also get access to horses as mounts to help them traverse this massive world. Each horse has a certain speed ranging from slow to ridiculously fast, that is a crucial part to your survival. The graphics of the game give life to these animals, characters, and environments, as they are truly beautiful, and expertly rendered. People show emotion, shadows are perfect, and landscapes are awesomely realistic: The Wild West never looked so good. From beautifully colored vivid sunsets, to sprawling dense forests, the graphics of Red Dead Redemption are magnificent, and make the game all the more enjoyable.

Whether you’re a bandit or a law abiding Sheriff, players will thoroughly enjoy Red Dead Redemption with its thrilling story line, gorgeous graphics, and its truly amazing, and revolutionary game-play.