Fiesta on PC/Mac | Teen Ink

Fiesta on PC/Mac

June 1, 2010
By Alexandra_Jane BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Alexandra_Jane BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

When I was younger, I would imagine all sorts of things. I’d pretend that I was a powerful mage, or an undefeatable warrior. Now that I’m older, I’ve found that MMORPGs (massively-multiplayer-online-role-playing-games) are a fun way to “live out” those childhood fantasies. MMORPGs also allow me to interact with people from around the world. There are many great MMORPGs out there, but a large portion of them cost a nice chunk of change to play. Fiesta is my favorite MMORPG, and it—unlike many other games—is absolutely free to play.

Fiesta was created by a company called Outspark. Outspark has created several other online games that are free to download and play, such as Project Powder, Secret of the Solstice, and Wind Slayer. Outspark is based in San Francisco, California, and is a growing name in the U.S. casual gaming market. To play Fiesta and other Outspark games, you must create an account on their website. Once you create an account, you can download and play any of the games created by Outspark for free. There are many other features on the website, such as tech support, the online store, forums where players can chat and discuss the games offered by Outspark, and storylines for all of the Outspark games.

Fiesta, like many MMORPGs, has a growing and changing storyline. The game takes place in the world of Isya, which is controlled by evil gods. These gods are continually trying to destroy the humans, elves, and other creatures that populate the planet. There is one kind goddess on the player’s side, though, and her name is Teva. The storyline is somewhat open-ended, but it does explain a player’s “purpose” in the game. This “purpose” is to keep the powers of good and chaos balanced, and to protect the inhabitants of Isya from the evil gods. The storyline is quite interesting, and it creates an image of a dangerous, interesting, and complex world.

The beautiful world described in Fiesta’s storyline comes to life through the game’s amazing graphics and mildly annoying music. The world of Isya looks as if it were from a Japanese manga. The characters in the game (including the monsters and the non-playable characters) have a distinct cartoon-like style. The world around the player’s character is highly detailed and colorful. The soundtrack changes upon entering different “hunting zones,” and all of the music in the game is upbeat and catchy. Some may find it too catchy, and the game’s music may become annoying after hours of gaming.

The game play is quite simple once you get the hang of it. When in combat, you right-click to attack and left-click to use potions, skills, or other items. Selecting a menu or a non-playable character is as easy as a right-click. There are two ways that a player can move their character. The first is to use the “W,” “A,” “S,” and “D” keys on your computer’s keyboard. The second is to double right-click an area, and your character will automatically walk to it. The game interface is also easy to use and the game’s menus are simple to navigate. The layout of the interface can be customized to a player’s liking. They can adjust the size and position of the chat window, the maps, Quick Slot bars, and other things located on their screen.

Unfortunately, players cannot truly customize their character’s appearance when creating them. When creating a character, there are only three choices for hair colors, three for hair styles, and players are stuck with a default face. In order to customize your character, one must purchase Sparkcash off of the Outspark website with real money, and then go to Fiesta’s online store and buy a beauty shop coupon. Once a beauty shop coupon is obtained, a player can change their character’s appearance in the game. There are many different hair styles, hair colors, and faces available. All of them are cartoonish and unique. Having to pay money to customize a character can be a major downside to the game, but for some it’s worth it.

There are many good things about Fiesta. Some examples include the fact that it is free to play, the game’s excellent graphics, and controls that are easy to learn and to use. Fiesta also has a great online community, which is a benefit to players. Every game has some negative aspects, and Fiesta is no exception. Some players may be frustrated by the fact that they have to pay for things like customization. Many will get annoyed by the game’s repetitive music. There can also be periods of time once players reach higher levels where they will find themselves grinding, or randomly killing monsters due to a lack of quests. Fiesta has many positive qualities that make the negative ones easy to ignore and possibly forget. I personally enjoy the game because if feels as if it’s geared for teens, with its cartoon-like graphics and annoyingly upbeat music. Overall, I think Fiesta is a great game that any casual gamer should try.