Pokemon FireRed on Gameboy Advance | Teen Ink

Pokemon FireRed on Gameboy Advance

March 24, 2010
By llamamannoob BRONZE, Lodi, Wisconsin
llamamannoob BRONZE, Lodi, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The game Pokemon FireRed was released in 2004 by Nintendo and Gamefreak. It is the 3rd generation of the ever-popular series. You can choose from three starter Pokemon: Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle. There is a lot of variety in the game as you can catch and evolve over 350 Pokemon. There is a very long storyline with many sidequests that will last you at least 100 hours of gameplay. On a scale of 1-10 for gameplay, I give it a 7. The sound and graphics of the game are what you expect out of any GBA game. The battle graphics are poor with little to no detail. The world graphics are average and are nothing special. The sound is pretty much the same as its predecessors. Out of 10, graphics and sound are about a 4. The battles in the game can be fun and interesting, but alsop long and boring if you play for long periods of time. You can carry six Pokemon with you to fight for you. Pokemon battle using various moves and try to knock their opponent's hitpoint down to 0. Once a Pokemon's hitpoints reach zero, it faints and can no longer battle. Once you run out of usable Pokemon, you must go back to your last savepoint. I give battling an 8 out of 10. Overall, the game is a clasic and loved by many. Out of 10, the game gets a 7.