Xbox Review | Teen Ink

Xbox Review

April 17, 2024
By Anonymous

I purchased my Xbox Series S in late 2018 and I used it almost every week until early 2023.  It is one of the most popular gaming consoles in the world made by Microsoft.  It has many games and entertainment options, however, I really only played Fortnite, 2k, and YouTube.  

One of the Xbox's best features is its powerful hardware; it is an extremely advanced console.  This is why it lasted so long and is still in use.  It delivers picture perfect visuals and smooth gameplay.  Whether you play Fortnite or Madden, Xbox will provide you with an amazing experience.  When mentioning Xbox, the Xbox Game Pass must be mentioned.  Xbox Game Pass is a yearly subscription of around $60 a year,, and it provides games that are normally hundreds of dollars.  The library of games with Game Pass is unimaginable, and all for a really affordable price.  

However, all of these reasons still cannot compare to the real reason I love Xbox so much: its online gaming service.  Xbox’s online gaming service allows you to connect with your friends online and play the games you love together.  As mentioned before, Xbox has games, and also entertainment services, it has entertainment apps such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and much more.  This allows you to enjoy your favorite shows while also having the option to play your favorite games all in one.  

Now, as readers, there may be a question you are all asking.  Why did you use your Xbox until early 2023, well that is because I got the New Gen.  The Xbox Series X is the newly released Xbox released around late 2020.  Like mentioned before, one of the main games I play is Fortnite, and Fortnite is entirely based on fps (frames per second) and ping.  Getting the new Xbox was a very good investment in terms of getting better fps.  The fps on the series S is capped at 60, however with the New Gen, the fps is doubled at 120 fps.  This makes the game run much smoother than it already is and makes games much easier to play.  I haven’t found many other benefits besides it runs faster and smoother, there are a few more games, however, I don’t play any of them.  It was 100% worth it to get the new one, even though I love the Xbox Console as a whole. 

Overall, the Xbox is a fantastic gaming console with a wide range of features.  Whether you game as a casual, or you are a hardcore gamer, it offers the best for everyone.  If you are looking for a top tier gaming console, Xbox should definitely be worth considering. 


The author's comments:

I am a 17 year old kid who loves to play basketball, read, and hang out with my friends.  Iam submitting this for my composition class.