Formula One 2023 | Teen Ink

Formula One 2023

April 17, 2024
By Jacob1216 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Jacob1216 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"We are waiting for the long-promised invasion, so are the fishes"-Winston Churchill (1940)


Formula One, a motorsport with the best of the best and an impact on the entire globe. Around the world, races and spectacles capture the minds of children and adults alike. Since 2009, Codemasters has been making F1 games with the latest installment being Formula 1 23, named for its release year, 2023.


One of the largest aspects of F1 23 is Career Mode. Starting in Career Mode, you can choose to be a Driver or a Team Owner. A Driver Career and an Owner Career are very similar. After choosing the Driver Career, you can choose whether or not you want to start in F1s Feeder Series, Formula Two. Assuming you elect to start in F2, you will be allowed to choose your Team and Driver Academy. Your team doesn't affect anything in F2, but your Driver Academy will give you XP for staying with that Academies F1 team after you complete the F2 season. Once you've chosen your team, there isn't much else outside of the actual racing. You do need to keep an eye on R&D and the wear and tear on parts from the Team HQ, but beyond that, you qualify and then you race.


If playing by yourself isn't for you and you want some friends to join you, I give you Multiplayer Mode.  Despite my friends’ and I's best efforts we kept crashing, though I think that has more to do with my friends’ general inexperience than the game not working. With 20 different countries to race in, spanning 5 continents, the multi-player games neverend, from Endurance Races where hours can be spent in one race on one track, to the Elimination Mode, to the Ironman. You will never be bored.


Let's talk about those other multiplayer modes. For example, Ironman. Depending on the track, you will race 11-18 laps on tracks from Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium to England to finally  Brazil. With strict rules and no ability to correct your mistakes, you must perpetually be racing at the limit without losing focus or pushing too hard. Then there's Elimination Mode., After time runs out, the person in last place is eliminated, only stopping when one car remains. 


Another large aspect of the game is your My World Car. A car you design the Livery of, and you upgrade with unlocked parts from the game modes previously mentioned. For those who don't know, “Livery” is the term used for the design of the car, more specifically the colors and patterns. You have full control over the Livery; you'll find yourself with the ability to change colors, patterns, and you can add sponsor decals to make it feel like a real Formula One Livery. 


The author's comments:

I'm a huge Formula One fan and I love the Codemaster F1 Games