Why the Xbox 360 Is Not the Perfect System | Teen Ink

Why the Xbox 360 Is Not the Perfect System

May 18, 2009
By Anonymous

Most people have an Xbox 360. A lot of people have a Nintendo Wii. PS3 sales are less then the 2 competitors. Since most people prefer e Xbox 360, it’s time for the PS3 to have the fame over the 360.
There are a lot of good things about the ps3 like the reflected shiny piano black color is like a mirror. Making decision is a problem so to get the best console; you have to compare the pros and cons. With my guidance, people can see why PS3 is better over the Xbox 360.
The disc for PS3 is called Blu-Ray disc and for the Xbox 360, it’s called DVD. Blu-Ray can hold up to 50 gigabytes while DVD can hold up to 10 gigabytes. That means the games and movies for PS3 can be longer with better graphics and since Blu-Ray came from Sony, Blu-ray cannot be on Xbox series.
The controller for PS3 is the same as PS2 except the “R2, L2” buttons are trigger and have a “PS” button instead “Select” button. For Xbox 360, the function of the controller is like PS2/PS3 because it was copy from Sony. The best part of the PS3 controller is the controller is wireless and can go up to 75 feet. To recharge the controller, just connect the USB type B to controller from PS3. But the 360 controller uses double A battery, also wireless but only goes up to 35 feet.
There is one major problem with the Xbox 360 “Red Ring of Death,” also known as “RROD.” This means if your 360 has 3 read lights, the 360 is dead. The PS3 on the other hand, has less then .3% failure rate while Xbox 360 has more the 10%. There have been reports of system failing after 2 or 3 weeks of play time after out of box.
If you have seen the price of PS3 and 360, you might think Xbox 360 is cheaper. You’re wrong. The PS3 now cost 400 USD (U.S. Dollar) while the Xbox 360 cost over 400 USD. Take for example the cheapest 360, 200 USD. Add the double A battery cost plus separate wi-fi connection that is around 100 USD now equal over 300 USD. Now add 50 USD per year for online and other separate stuff. Interested in 360 now?
Although the Xbox 360 online (Xbox Live) is better then PlayStation Network and has fees, The PSN is free. The PS3/PSN support internet browsing which you can go to any website wired or wireless using wi-fi. The 360 does not have internet browsing and does not have built-in wi-fi which the PS3 have so you have to buy a separate 100 USD wi-fi connection. Also the highest number of online player capacity for PS3 is 256 players for this new upcoming game called “MAG” while 360 highest is less then 40 players.
Even though the 360 is a good system, PS3 has more reason why to get the PS3 unless you want a system that breaks 2 weeks after out of box. If the PS3 is not what you prefer, get the Nintendo Wii. It’s great for family and it’s a family system.

The author's comments:
I wrote this because PS3 inspire to be a Japanese Nationlist because the PS3 is Japanese.

Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 107 comments.


Mikey123 said...
on Feb. 10 2011 at 7:03 pm
why are you such a fanboy i would only like to comment about this one thing that you mentioned because i would not like to star a flame war. you mentioned the ps3 controller is wireless up to 75 feet. who has their tv 75 feet away from them?

on Jan. 20 2011 at 1:43 pm
CL4N-UNB0UND SILVER, Carrolton, Texas
7 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
MW2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey i have a ps3 and an xbox 360 but i would have to say the game experiiance on xbox 360 is better but ps3 online is free that is why i stick with ps3. if i had enough $ then i would still play xbox ps3 also has wayyyyyy better graphics its bluray ppl

on Jan. 19 2011 at 5:45 pm
I have to say the PS3 does have better graphics over the XBox 360. Alan Wake is a great game! I have finished it. :) I have an XBox 360 and I have to say that I am a supporter. I think wars are a matter of opinion but I think that both consoles are the best on the market.

on Jan. 19 2011 at 7:55 am
IT doesnt make a difference that ps3 u dont have to pay it still has no games it has no variety also with the xbox u can get a wireless connector but also get an ethernet cord the built in wifi with the ps3 stinks its horrible and lags out all the time

on Jan. 10 2011 at 10:27 pm
i have a 360 a ps3 and a wii i by far like the ps3 more than all because you dont have to pay for online#1 and #2 you can play as long as you want i am on my third ps3 system i got the red blinking light on one and the other stopped playing discs however i have had only one xbox but the new ps3 slim i have i have had since they came out and so far no problems so add me on ps3 my screen name is TravellerCSA(ps3) and/Greatstonewall(xbox360

danny1111105 said...
on Dec. 5 2010 at 3:29 pm
MAG has a combo of fps an rts, awsome game

danny1111105 said...
on Dec. 5 2010 at 3:27 pm

i think that the 360 has better games, here is why:   halo was contracted to microsoft in 2000.  while halo orginated on mac, microsoft offered a contract with bungie that was irresitable.  halo will only be on a micorsoft system.

 

playstation has good games too, like metal gear solid,  but the inter net it free, and built in wifi on the basic systems, that is a key part in buying a system, if you have inter net or not.


JB123 said...
on Nov. 19 2010 at 12:52 pm
ps3 is better and its not all japanese

on Oct. 18 2010 at 12:26 pm
Shut up u xbox nerd ps3 is way  better ur jus saying that cause bill gates pays u to say that stupid idiot yeah u

bman Buell said...
on Oct. 18 2010 at 12:19 pm

Xbox 360 has better games, graphics, easier to control, and the games are more fun to play. All this letter is is minor problems for the xbox 360 take my advice xbox is better

 


on Aug. 16 2010 at 6:38 pm
JeremyHerbert PLATINUM, Fairview Park, Ohio
21 articles 0 photos 54 comments

"Oh yeah? Well Xbox has Halo and Gears of War! And, and, you don't have to pay for batteries with a wired controller! And it doesn't have an annoying update download every time you play! And..."

 

Anybody can do the same thing to the PS3.  And it's annoying.  Your argument was well put together, but both systems have pros and cons.  Neither one is the "better" console.  I'm a 360 fan.  Why? That's what I have.  Easy as that.  I'm sure if I got a PS3, I'd enjoy it just as much.

I thought we left the console wars with the PS1 and the N64.  These days, the 360 and PS3 are almost interchangable, save for different games.  If you look at it, they do almost the same thing.  They can both play movies, download games, update the system, go online, and so on. 

Just try not to exaggerate your points.  Yes, the 360 is prone to breakdowns (fear the Red-Ring-of-Death!), but it's extremely rare to have it die in two weeks.  More like half a year at the least.  The longer your play sessions, the faster it dies.  And Microsoft replaces it at no cost to the player.  That's customer service.

Even the playing field and you'll see that there's not much of a difference.


Knux said...
on Aug. 8 2010 at 4:58 pm
Ill stick to my pc console wars are anyoying 

on Jun. 4 2010 at 12:52 pm
Enforcer BRONZE, North Adams, Massachusetts
3 articles 12 photos 15 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If that's how you want to live your life, I say go nuts!"

I have nothing against Xbox 360, it's just that i've long been a Playstation supporter, and I think it's the best console game system ever. PSN is free, but Xbox L costs money. My friend owns an Xbox, but even he says that the PS3 is cheaper, and the graphics are better. I wish Allen Wake and the Halo series were on PS3, though...

on May. 17 2010 at 9:34 am
codwaw88v8 BRONZE, West Plains, Missouri
2 articles 0 photos 3 comments
whatever this is just a bunch of babling about 360 miner problem the fact is its ether a 300 doller ps3 or a 200 and under doller 360 thats y its so popular

on May. 9 2010 at 7:47 pm
FightingBlurb BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
3 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. -Douglas Adams

It's a badly-written and biased article, IMO. Doesn't really concentrate on what's important. Price is irrelevant if you're searching for the product you'll be using for the next three years, especially if the gap is at $50 (currently, at least). There's no real winner, though. I love the PS3 exclusives, but everyone plays on the Live network.

dman58 BRONZE said...
on May. 5 2010 at 9:49 pm
dman58 BRONZE, Stony Brook, New York
1 article 0 photos 6 comments
Prove your point, Show me several sources confirming that what you presented is based on fact rather than opinion.

on May. 4 2010 at 7:30 pm
TheMesserSandman, West Chester, Pennsylvania
0 articles 0 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

BUT:

-PSN sucks majorly compared to XBL. You pay for the good stuff.

-MAG supports a large quantity of players, but it's an absolutely terrible game.

 

I'm not a fanboy, I'm only pointing out the obvious factors for two of your complaints.


on Apr. 11 2010 at 8:46 am
kylec000 BRONZE, Cleveland, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
Under the bludgeonings of chance / My head is bloody but unbowed...
I am the master of my fate / I am the captain of my soul

William Ernest Henly, Invictus

my friends play xbox live, and they lag sometimes

Ferret said...
on Apr. 7 2010 at 11:02 am
they were called the moon controllers. lol. 

on Mar. 11 2010 at 10:33 am
this is my gamertag on 360 live add me plz well anyways ps3 has bad internet connection online and yu don't have lag add me xbox live ill play anyone 1v1 in mw2