Why the Xbox 360 Is Not the Perfect System | Teen Ink

Why the Xbox 360 Is Not the Perfect System

May 18, 2009
By Anonymous

Most people have an Xbox 360. A lot of people have a Nintendo Wii. PS3 sales are less then the 2 competitors. Since most people prefer e Xbox 360, it’s time for the PS3 to have the fame over the 360.
There are a lot of good things about the ps3 like the reflected shiny piano black color is like a mirror. Making decision is a problem so to get the best console; you have to compare the pros and cons. With my guidance, people can see why PS3 is better over the Xbox 360.
The disc for PS3 is called Blu-Ray disc and for the Xbox 360, it’s called DVD. Blu-Ray can hold up to 50 gigabytes while DVD can hold up to 10 gigabytes. That means the games and movies for PS3 can be longer with better graphics and since Blu-Ray came from Sony, Blu-ray cannot be on Xbox series.
The controller for PS3 is the same as PS2 except the “R2, L2” buttons are trigger and have a “PS” button instead “Select” button. For Xbox 360, the function of the controller is like PS2/PS3 because it was copy from Sony. The best part of the PS3 controller is the controller is wireless and can go up to 75 feet. To recharge the controller, just connect the USB type B to controller from PS3. But the 360 controller uses double A battery, also wireless but only goes up to 35 feet.
There is one major problem with the Xbox 360 “Red Ring of Death,” also known as “RROD.” This means if your 360 has 3 read lights, the 360 is dead. The PS3 on the other hand, has less then .3% failure rate while Xbox 360 has more the 10%. There have been reports of system failing after 2 or 3 weeks of play time after out of box.
If you have seen the price of PS3 and 360, you might think Xbox 360 is cheaper. You’re wrong. The PS3 now cost 400 USD (U.S. Dollar) while the Xbox 360 cost over 400 USD. Take for example the cheapest 360, 200 USD. Add the double A battery cost plus separate wi-fi connection that is around 100 USD now equal over 300 USD. Now add 50 USD per year for online and other separate stuff. Interested in 360 now?
Although the Xbox 360 online (Xbox Live) is better then PlayStation Network and has fees, The PSN is free. The PS3/PSN support internet browsing which you can go to any website wired or wireless using wi-fi. The 360 does not have internet browsing and does not have built-in wi-fi which the PS3 have so you have to buy a separate 100 USD wi-fi connection. Also the highest number of online player capacity for PS3 is 256 players for this new upcoming game called “MAG” while 360 highest is less then 40 players.
Even though the 360 is a good system, PS3 has more reason why to get the PS3 unless you want a system that breaks 2 weeks after out of box. If the PS3 is not what you prefer, get the Nintendo Wii. It’s great for family and it’s a family system.

The author's comments:
I wrote this because PS3 inspire to be a Japanese Nationlist because the PS3 is Japanese.

Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 107 comments.


on Aug. 20 2019 at 12:26 pm
SergeantSteel82 GOLD, Fort Wayne, Indiana
11 articles 0 photos 30 comments

Favorite Quote:
one of the greatest tragedies of our time is this impression that has been created that science and religion have to be at war.
-Francis Collins

I may never let go of my anger and wrath,
But I will always have the last laugh.
-Corey Taylor

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
-Voltaire

this is a very informative article, but it all comes down to personal preference. my preference happens to be Xbox over PS, the PS is a great system, but Xbox just happens to be my choice in this matter.

on Nov. 30 2018 at 10:02 am
ProtoZero BRONZE, Grafton, Massachusetts
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment
the ps3 sounds great, but a couple of your points were a bit off to me. You said that the 360 would fail in a couple weeks, but i've had mine for 3+ years and it works fine. The ps3 and wii are better in my opinion, but I just didn't agree with some of the reasons. Overall, it's a great review!

Zaxes BRONZE said...
on Jun. 13 2018 at 1:05 pm
Zaxes BRONZE, Plano, Texas
4 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
Quath the Raven...Nevermore

One thing you forgot to mention are exclusives. Not to hate on 360 or anything, I really like that console, still looks great, it's just you don't get nearly as a many great exclusives. And the only one I really like on 360 is Halo 3 and 4. But they pale to PS3's huge exclusive library. With franchises like Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, LittleBigPlant, The Last of Us, God of War, InFamous, Sly Cooper, Jak and Daxter. I know it isn't just exclusives that make a console great; it just seems that a company as powerful as Microsoft would do a little bit more.

DinobarNie said...
on May. 18 2017 at 8:17 pm
DinobarNie,
0 articles 0 photos 4 comments
dude...... PS4 is out now

skyvex1 SILVER said...
on Dec. 1 2015 at 2:10 pm
skyvex1 SILVER, New York City, New York
8 articles 1 photo 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
"There's always a price for what you want"- Steve Perry

Confusing. You gave a point to Xbox in th begging and then you list pointless details like the shiny PS3 controller.

skyvex1 SILVER said...
on Dec. 1 2015 at 12:59 pm
skyvex1 SILVER, New York City, New York
8 articles 1 photo 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
"There's always a price for what you want"- Steve Perry

Same. I'll just stick with PC here.

skyvex1 SILVER said...
on Dec. 1 2015 at 12:57 pm
skyvex1 SILVER, New York City, New York
8 articles 1 photo 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
"There's always a price for what you want"- Steve Perry

You forgot to meantion that the Xbox 360 has no buffers so all your discs would get scratched if the Xbox was moved physically. Many many people's games have been destroyed that way.

on May. 26 2015 at 12:18 pm
Brian110 SILVER, Jonesport, Maine
8 articles 1 photo 79 comments

Favorite Quote:
if life gives you lemons..... squeeze them back in life's eyes!

forever, 360....

on Apr. 9 2015 at 10:53 am
ReviewRiot SILVER, Fullerton, California
7 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Even the smallest chance is still a chance to do something

This is review is almost a complete lie. The Xbox 360 is actually $100 USD and it's like $5 every month for live. You also said the 360 controller is a 'copy' of the PS3 controller when in reality it is way different and is designed for comfort unlike the PlayStation controllers. I should also let you know that on PSN it would also cost money for wifi considering wifi isn't bought with the system, it is bought with your cable. Being a fan of both I would say they're pretty reliable. The Red Ring of Death is also a really easy fix if you're quick enough. I got it a couple months ago and I turned the Xbox's power off and turned it back on and then it was fine.

on Jun. 26 2014 at 10:52 pm
danieltc BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
3 articles 0 photos 2 comments
This is an opinion article. It's supposed to be biased.

on May. 6 2014 at 3:30 pm
Mister_J PLATINUM, Colorado Springs, Colorado
42 articles 3 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Captain, I wish to report a mutiny. I can name fingers and point names." - Captain Jack Sparrow

Heh, AlienWares are great, but I just like any PC that will let me play my videogames.

Maxman said...
on Jan. 10 2014 at 2:32 pm
Xbox is better!!!!!!!!

on Dec. 9 2013 at 10:28 am
MichealMulkey SILVER, Easley, South Carolina
5 articles 0 photos 32 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The thing about music is that, when it hits you, you feel no pain"
-Bob Marley

i want this to be the  most discussed topic

on Dec. 9 2013 at 10:27 am
MichealMulkey SILVER, Easley, South Carolina
5 articles 0 photos 32 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The thing about music is that, when it hits you, you feel no pain"
-Bob Marley

i want this to be  the most discussed topic

on Dec. 9 2013 at 10:25 am
MichealMulkey SILVER, Easley, South Carolina
5 articles 0 photos 32 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The thing about music is that, when it hits you, you feel no pain"
-Bob Marley

i want this to be the most discussed topic

on Dec. 9 2013 at 10:25 am
MichealMulkey SILVER, Easley, South Carolina
5 articles 0 photos 32 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The thing about music is that, when it hits you, you feel no pain"
-Bob Marley

i want this to be the most discussed topic  

on Dec. 5 2013 at 10:59 am
MichealMulkey SILVER, Easley, South Carolina
5 articles 0 photos 32 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The thing about music is that, when it hits you, you feel no pain"
-Bob Marley

P.S. Just to make sure we're clear, I own both devices and a Wii. I am a completley neutral argument, but if you really want to argue facts about these two devices. I will tell you some things wrong with playstation as well. I dont believe either are more dominant, do more people support playstation? Yes, but you have to factor in that playstation has made more consoles that xbox and had way more time to be this advanced. The way that these two consoles are even competing is kind of incredible on Microsoft's behalf. Im just saying, from a completely neutral argument, I believe they both have problems and can both be resented for certain reasons.

on Dec. 5 2013 at 10:46 am
MichealMulkey SILVER, Easley, South Carolina
5 articles 0 photos 32 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The thing about music is that, when it hits you, you feel no pain"
-Bob Marley

Im sorry, i strongly dissagree with the PS3 being any better. First off, you are very grammatically incorrect. Second of all, your facts are probably from wikipedia. Xbox software is twice as reliable than any sony device becuase the company speciallizes in what it does. You must remember, you're arguing for a company that makes over 300 different products. Sony is a very unreliable source (example:the playstation network that you keep saying is "sooooo good," got hacked a while back if you dont remember. Xbox may cost money but its only becuase the servers are more expensive, they have to pay those costs off somehow. Playstaion only has one thing over xbox, and that is bluray, and the only reason that is possible is becuase sony doesnt even specialize in gaming devices, the specialize in televisions. This argument is completely invalid. overall gameplay, the connection from servers on playstation network suck. If you can play 5 games in a Call of duty multiplayer match on playstation and not have the host loose connection atleast once, you are lucky. The updates that Microsoft have ran through 360 are more efficient as well. Esspecially considering the speed of updating software and the whole console itself. (speeking of which, we did get a search engine on the last update, thank you very much.) All im saying is, that your argument isnt very valid, and you probably are only arguing becuase your parents wont let you get a console that is, to you, $400? Ask any company, if the product cost more, the quality is obviously over the competitive product, so you stating that the price is obviously more expensive completely validates my point. 

LionsBlue said...
on Nov. 14 2013 at 12:59 pm
LionsBlue, Henrico, Virginia
0 articles 0 photos 27 comments

Favorite Quote:
Lion does not laugh
At Mouse now,
Now he knows.

The xbox 360 will always be awesome

on May. 23 2013 at 5:27 pm
ElBossman BRONZE, Arlington, Virginia
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
Lawless-FlameRose, you are wrong. Sure PS3 is a great gamesystem and XBOX360 is also great and thay have both great things about them, but the main thing people buy are Multiplayer games #1 and to a lesser extent Campaign games. Xbox has way better multiplayer but worse campaign than PS3, that is why I say a PC that is AlienWare is better than both, not just a regular PC but AlienWare. Xbox and PS3 are tied because PS3 has worse multiplayer than xbox (which I pretty much only play) but has better games that I would love to play