Why the Xbox 360 Is Not the Perfect System | Teen Ink

Why the Xbox 360 Is Not the Perfect System

May 18, 2009
By Anonymous

Most people have an Xbox 360. A lot of people have a Nintendo Wii. PS3 sales are less then the 2 competitors. Since most people prefer e Xbox 360, it’s time for the PS3 to have the fame over the 360.
There are a lot of good things about the ps3 like the reflected shiny piano black color is like a mirror. Making decision is a problem so to get the best console; you have to compare the pros and cons. With my guidance, people can see why PS3 is better over the Xbox 360.
The disc for PS3 is called Blu-Ray disc and for the Xbox 360, it’s called DVD. Blu-Ray can hold up to 50 gigabytes while DVD can hold up to 10 gigabytes. That means the games and movies for PS3 can be longer with better graphics and since Blu-Ray came from Sony, Blu-ray cannot be on Xbox series.
The controller for PS3 is the same as PS2 except the “R2, L2” buttons are trigger and have a “PS” button instead “Select” button. For Xbox 360, the function of the controller is like PS2/PS3 because it was copy from Sony. The best part of the PS3 controller is the controller is wireless and can go up to 75 feet. To recharge the controller, just connect the USB type B to controller from PS3. But the 360 controller uses double A battery, also wireless but only goes up to 35 feet.
There is one major problem with the Xbox 360 “Red Ring of Death,” also known as “RROD.” This means if your 360 has 3 read lights, the 360 is dead. The PS3 on the other hand, has less then .3% failure rate while Xbox 360 has more the 10%. There have been reports of system failing after 2 or 3 weeks of play time after out of box.
If you have seen the price of PS3 and 360, you might think Xbox 360 is cheaper. You’re wrong. The PS3 now cost 400 USD (U.S. Dollar) while the Xbox 360 cost over 400 USD. Take for example the cheapest 360, 200 USD. Add the double A battery cost plus separate wi-fi connection that is around 100 USD now equal over 300 USD. Now add 50 USD per year for online and other separate stuff. Interested in 360 now?
Although the Xbox 360 online (Xbox Live) is better then PlayStation Network and has fees, The PSN is free. The PS3/PSN support internet browsing which you can go to any website wired or wireless using wi-fi. The 360 does not have internet browsing and does not have built-in wi-fi which the PS3 have so you have to buy a separate 100 USD wi-fi connection. Also the highest number of online player capacity for PS3 is 256 players for this new upcoming game called “MAG” while 360 highest is less then 40 players.
Even though the 360 is a good system, PS3 has more reason why to get the PS3 unless you want a system that breaks 2 weeks after out of box. If the PS3 is not what you prefer, get the Nintendo Wii. It’s great for family and it’s a family system.

The author's comments:
I wrote this because PS3 inspire to be a Japanese Nationlist because the PS3 is Japanese.

Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 107 comments.


Aircrafter said...
on Apr. 16 2013 at 6:44 pm
Aircrafter, Yuma, Arizona
0 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
'I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning, and the end. I will bring unto him which is a thirst of the water of the fountain of life.' - Revelation 21:6

This review is so biased and probably uninformed its not even funny.

GM999 said...
on Apr. 12 2013 at 8:13 am
   I have come to the realization months ago that this whole 'console wars' thing is getting really tiring. Ok, first I got the Wii, then a Xbox360; yes, I am a fan of Halo (mainly the lore & bits of it's gameplay(Halo 4 was a bit of a disappointment in my opinion when it came to the lore)) & SSB. I do have a PS2 but barely use it. There is a reason why I do not have a PS3 & you can thank the PSN hack that happened 1 or 2 years ago. The main reason of getting one was to play some of the Japanese games on there like Hyperdemension Neptunia. I did buy a Wii U & waiting for both games & a drawing ap to come out for the thing. Anywho, back on topic, this article sounds more like a PS fanboy's view rather than a neutral one, so far I haven't seen him even mention the 'Yellow Light of Death' which is the PS3 eqivalent of the 'Red Ring of Death'. I don't care about the graphics, i don't care about blu-ray when I still have DVDs (although, I still say that's a very good plus), I care about the lore & gameplay.... yet, the market of Triple-A games are very lacking these days. I am more of a PC gamer now these days because indies seem to make better games than the big boys. But, for now, I'm not going into a flame war, I want to give you a neutral opinion while sharing some food for thought.

Lynnsanity said...
on Feb. 11 2013 at 7:08 pm
Lynnsanity, Gloster, Mississippi
0 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
we have met the enemy and they are ours.

So true love this article. PS3 has always been better than 360.

on Jan. 15 2013 at 9:39 am
Saintz-Flam3Rose PLATINUM, Jacksonville, Florida
26 articles 0 photos 35 comments

Favorite Quote:
Do not follow those who follow others for they are only followers themselves.

I`ve played games my entire life(every system ever made) and my opinion is alwayz fair and i think i speak for all sony true fans when i say ...PS3 ROCKS!!!

on Jan. 15 2013 at 9:29 am
Saintz-Flam3Rose PLATINUM, Jacksonville, Florida
26 articles 0 photos 35 comments

Favorite Quote:
Do not follow those who follow others for they are only followers themselves.

Dude PS3 is the best system of all time

Kurt Kiser said...
on Dec. 20 2012 at 11:36 am
Kurt Kiser, Thornton, Colorado
0 articles 0 photos 4 comments
The truth has been spoken!!

julio silva said...
on Dec. 20 2012 at 11:34 am
julio silva, Thronton, Colorado
0 articles 0 photos 1 comment
the xbox will live on

Kurt Kiser said...
on Dec. 20 2012 at 11:33 am
Kurt Kiser, Thornton, Colorado
0 articles 0 photos 4 comments
I think that this article was a very good topic (many can argue and clash about it) but really revise your work and triple check all sources. There are very little mistakes everywhere and there are rechargeable Xbox controllers and a search engine .

Kurt Kiser said...
on Dec. 20 2012 at 11:29 am
Kurt Kiser, Thornton, Colorado
0 articles 0 photos 4 comments
Lol hey Gus

on Dec. 20 2012 at 10:37 am
GustavoAmparan BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
Its all about personal preference.

on Nov. 28 2012 at 12:37 pm
FencingFan123, Akron, Ohio
0 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"These times are so hard, and they're getting even harder."
-Eminem
I got this quote off of http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/e/eminem.html

Your fact about the 360 not having a browser is incorrect, you can use bing, or you can download the internet explorer app For FREE!!!

on Nov. 20 2012 at 12:21 pm
X-box does not get hacked. We can go on the Internet. We can recharge or controlers. So shut it.

on Nov. 17 2012 at 3:43 pm
ShiningYoshi SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
5 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"That which does not kill you only serves to make you stronger." -Conan the Destroyer

Good point...

XxProGamerxX said...
on Nov. 16 2012 at 11:41 am
XxProGamerxX, Miami, Florida
0 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
its over 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today im going to tell you why the xbox is way better then the Ps3 for one Ps3 has bad games not all of the games are bad i have a Ps3 and a xbox360 but i preferr the xbox over the Ps3 because the thing about the ps3 is that say if u have gotten call of duty black ops 2 for the Ps3 it is going to suck and it will look bad and it is way more laggy for the xbox it is less laggy and the picture is more easy on your eyes and there are a lot of better games for the xbox than the Ps3 to sum it all up im an xbox player and its better then Ps3.

CW239 SILVER said...
on Nov. 7 2012 at 8:39 pm
CW239 SILVER, New York, New York
6 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"All your hard work will prove worthless unless you believe in your self," - Might Guy, Naruto vol. 11

I was interested to hear that someone dared to venture into the console wars battlefield. However, I was put off by two things: your grammar and the way you bash the Xbox. I don't think it's perfect either; Xbox Live is infuriating and it has less space for data. However, it seemed at some points you were exaggerating. In the last paragraph, you said the ps3 is better "unless you want a system that breaks two weeks out of the box." As someone who plays Xbox, it's almost like you're calling me stupid. I know you're not a mean person, and I understand your point. However, especially for something so worshipped, you need to tone down the negativity. Your grammar was also atrocious in some parts. I'm not sure if this is a direct quote (correct me if I'm wrong) but you said, "Xbox controller is copy from playstation." Did you mean "The Xbox 360 controller is clearly based off of the Playstation's?" That sounds so much better. Just proofread a little more. Remember, I'm not a member of the CoD cult, and I respect your opinions. I simply dislike the manner in which you state them. It is a well thought out review. I hope to see more from you in the future.

iAaron said...
on Oct. 31 2012 at 9:46 am
iAaron, Yuma, Arizona
0 articles 0 photos 2 comments
Finally someone who agrees with me.

Spock GOLD said...
on Sep. 30 2012 at 8:08 pm
Spock GOLD, Weston, Wisconsin
17 articles 0 photos 5 comments
No... The PS3 doesn't suck. It rocks,  You just have to look for the right games. Like the article said, PS3 has free online, blue ray, and wi-fi. Also I might sound biased, but it has better exclusives, like Beyond two souls (Which isn't out yet, but will be),  God of War, Uncharted 2 and 3, Metal Gear Solid 4, Journey, and a bunch of others. As a child I was raised with gaming and now I believe that you should take time to observe the qualities of the game, or console. This also might sound biased but the 360 was released before the ps3, so that's why I think that the 360 was and is more popular.  :P

on Mar. 21 2012 at 4:26 pm
pizzagrenade BRONZE, Sun City, Arizona
1 article 1 photo 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Words spoken less, mean so much more.
- PizzaGrenade

I have been an Xbox gamer since the very beginning, and I would just like to say. It isn't the perfect system. It's not the best looking. It doesn't have all of the best games (has Halo and Gears Of War though) and it doesn't have a blue ray player. But, so what? Nothing can be perfect. PS3 isn't perfect either and no one will ever prove (outside of their own opinion) that either console is better than the other.

Daffe10 said...
on Feb. 28 2012 at 4:42 pm
Daffe10, Arlington, Texas
0 articles 0 photos 18 comments

Favorite Quote:
"From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." -Thomas Jefferson

They weren't talking about the first PS and the first xbox, they were talking about the PS3 and the 360. I think the 360's popularity also has to do with the fact that when they came out, the 360 was much more affordable. The PS3 was around $500, whereas the xbox was, what, $300, $400?

Daffe10 said...
on Feb. 28 2012 at 4:39 pm
Daffe10, Arlington, Texas
0 articles 0 photos 18 comments

Favorite Quote:
"From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." -Thomas Jefferson

I like the PC for Sims. Sims on the PS2 and xbox suck. The only other game I tried on the PC is Oblivion, and the graphics were terrible compared to my other systems. Plus, it had extreme lag (maybe it was my computer?). One thing I've also noticed is that on both of my computers when I install(ed) Oblivion and Sims, it slowed my computers down and made them much more glitchy. My desktop is a load of crap, it's been through a lot, but my laptop is fairly new and pretty fast. Not anymore. Oh, well. I agree with ChristianTeen. Controllers are much better than the keyboard (unless it's sims)