Fortnite | Teen Ink

Fortnite

February 24, 2022
By Anonymous

The year is 2017, I just woke up to find that the snowstorm last night had hit hard. Then my mom walked into my room to tell me the good news. School had been canceled; So, I got dressed and turned on my Xbox. I click straight on “Fortnite.” It’s the new Christmas event and I'm super excited to play it. Then I invite all my friends to my game and we start playing, trying to get a Victory Royale. I think “Fortnite” is a very quality game that is very fun to play. I like “Fortnite” because it is a battle royale, is very unique, is good for everyone to play, is very customizable, and has the Save The World game mode.

 

The first reason I like “Fortnite” is that it is a 100 player battle royale, which means that 100 players are all fighting each other trying to be the last one. If a player eliminates all the other players, they win and get the almighty Victory Royale. It is rather difficult to get the Victory Royale because players have to be better than every other person in their lobby; so, when they do get the Victory Royale, it feels really good. “Fortnite” is one of the top battle royales and has been for a while. I also like “Fortnite” because players can build. 


The second reason I enjoy “Fortnite” is that it has a unique part in it that makes it different from most battle royales. Players can build things almost anywhere they please. Which has allowed the game to evolve and make new mechanics. Players can build walls, floors, stairs, and pyramid pieces, which can all be made to help them fight other opponents. Such as building cover to shoot behind, or getting high ground over their opponents. Players can also edit these builds to make holes to shoot through or different shapes for their cover. It has also allowed build fights to happen. A build fight is when players build upward trying to get high ground over their opponents all while still shooting and trying to eliminate each other. I think “Fortnite” is a good game because everyone can play.


Another reason this is such a good game is that almost everyone can play it. It is free to play and is playable on Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo Switch, and PC. There is something called skill based matchmaking that puts players in games with other people of similar skill; otherwise, it wouldn’t be fun if someone was just starting and learning the game, and they keep losing to people who have been playing for months. Also, it is suitable for kids too. Even though there are guns and shooting it is not gory at all. Everything in “Fortnite” is designed to be cartoony, even the guns. There is no blood and the guns all look like Nerf guns. There are also many filters in “Fortnite” that keep things kid friendly. For example, players can't put profanity in the chat or in their username. I also think “Fortnite” is an enjoyable game because it is very customizable.


The third reason I like this game is that there are lots of things players can customize to make things personal to them. Such as the way they look and their settings. Players can adjust their settings in the settings menu and they can change things like their controls, sensitivity, autorun, and many more things. Players can also customize many things in their locker. The locker is where players can see and wear any cosmetics they might have. They can customize their skin, back bling (backpack), pickaxe, glider, and many other things. Players can acquire these items in either the item shop or the battle pass. In “Fortnite” players don't directly buy things with money, they use Vbucks. Players get these Vbucks by spending real money or doing quests in Save The World. Players can use these Vbucks in the item shop or to get the battle pass. The battle pass is a level system where every level they go players get cool rewards. Players can level up by doing quests; or, just playing and getting XP (experience points). Players can also buy things from the item shop which rotates the items they can buy every so often. Another reason I like “Fortnite” is the Save The World game mode.


The last reason I like “Fortnite” is because of the Save The World game mode. This game mode is separate from the battle royale. While the battle royale game is free for all players, save the world costs $39.99 which I think is definitely worth it. In this game mode, players get to build and fight against monsters with their friends. Players are tasked with saving survivors from the storm and holding back many waves and hordes of monsters. Players have to build bases around objectives and protect them. This game mode can also give players Vbucks through quests and challenges. Also, there are lots of things to collect to help players in their fight against the storm. Such as weapons, heroes, and survivors. Save the world was also the original game and was released way before the battle royale. 


These are the reasons I like “Fortnite:” it is a battle royale, it is very unique, it is good for everyone to play, it is very customizable, and the Save The World game mode. I think “Fortnite” is a very quality and enjoyable game. “Fortnite” came out in July of 2017 and was made by Epic Games. My favorite part about “Fortnite” is that I can play and talk with my friends. I fell in love with it in the winter of 2017 during the Christmas event playing with my friends. I’ve been playing “Fortnite” for 5 years and I still love to play the game.