Minecraft Hypixel on PC | Teen Ink

Minecraft Hypixel on PC

November 18, 2019
By chloeli05 BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
chloeli05 BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

      Brace for impact as an enderdragon swoops over and ambushes you, causing every block it hits to suddenly disappear.  Leaping from what’s left of the now deteriorated island with a glistening sword in hand, it is impossible to escape doom without a fight to the death. You can hear the big, purple-eyed beast’s roar echo through your heart, not knowing what’s to come. It’s Sudden Death, and if you make one wrong move, it’s game over. Minecraft Hypixel Bedwars on PC is a zealous, intense game of survival or death that will leave your heart rate accelerating. 

     Hypixel is one of the most popular Minecraft multiplayer servers across the world. To join, press direct connect in your Minecraft game and type in “mc.hypixel.net.” One favorite game of most players is Bedwars, which has a straightforward and auspicious objective—destroy other teams’ beds, while still protecting yours. It does not have any specific story, but for Hashito, the player with the most wins in the solo mode, he says “...it is a dream you never want to escape... you want to live in it... for...ever. However some bad guys try to wake you up by destroying your bed to keep the dream for themselves, and it is up to YOU to defend yourself and friends. Bedwars has that feeling that makes you never want to stop playing.” Lack of story doesn’t stop anyone from playing the game. Bedwars is a first person game which involves strategy and smart tactics that will help you end up breaking a bed. 

     First, in order to even play, make sure you know your controls; the default forward button is “W”, strafing left is “A”, strafing right is “D”, and moving backwards is “S.” Starting off in a game(there are four main modes: solo, doubles, triples, and quadruples), you are equipped with a wooden sword and full leather armor the color of one of four teams: blue, green, red or yellow. In order to be able to get a bed, you need to collect resources in the generator at the base in which you spawn in, so you can then purchase certain items from the shopkeeper such as wool blocks for building or tools to dismantle a bed. The more you play, the more you’ll increase your PvP(Player vs. Player) skills, which are crucial to your success. Remember— Bedwars is a floating island game, so you have to buy blocks to bridge from one island to another, and falling into the void will let you respawn if you have a bed. Killing and then instantly mining into a bed is no easy feat, but with the right materials and a good method, you could get the job done. 

     However, once your bed is gone, you can not respawn, so be mindful. Be careful, and if you manage to get to Sudden Death, fend off that troublesome dragon. If you are victorious, you’ll get Bedwars experience(xp) as well as Hypixel experience. Gain enough Bedwars experience, and you will level up by one star. Loot chests contain things like glyphs or victory dances that will be a part of the game once unlocked. Loss is never a fear in a Bedwars;  just keep playing and advance to higher levels. Bedwar’s structure makes it an abstract game that is incredibly competitive and it continues to upgrade in its jaw-dropping aspects.

     Alternating almost every week, a wondrous new version of Bedwars is available to play, like Bedwars Ultimate or Bedwars Rush. Bedwars Rush is where things aren’t as slow as it normally is. In a simple review of the game mode, Connor Linfoot, an admin and systems developer, says “All beds start with a 3-layer defence of Wood, Wool and Blast-Proof Glass. All generators, including team islands start maxed out! Wool will assist with building bridges, placing an additional 5 blocks where possible. All players have Speed 1 and Haste 1 for the whole game.” Bedwars Rush is fun, and it’s much more exciting once a player experiences it first hand. In addition, there are weekly and daily quests to help you increase your level even more, day by day. These are other ways to play this already enjoyable game. 

     Graphics are a huge part of Hypixel and Minecraft in general. Every block portrays  what it is supposed to be in the best way possible. Every pixel is clear and plays a role to help the overall look of Bedwars features. Even if you don’t like the features, that is never a problem. You can scour the internet looking for a texture pack just right for you and download it.  The sounds are crisp and firm, they relate to what’s going on in the game. To illustrate, when a player annihilates a bed, it makes a “roar” of a dragon that is extra loud for the person whose bed has just broke. Furthermore, a fun item in the game, a fireball, can be thrown at players to make them fall into the equivocal void below. When it reaches contact, it results in a deafening boom. Every sound is distinctive and effective.

     Such a fantastic game still has negative features that brings it down. Players find ways to use foul language or unpleasant words in chat, but luckily if they do it too often this they can get muted, or you can personally mute them. Connection errors are common and can ruin the overall outcome of your game. If this happens, a possible way to remove your altered statistics is to report it to the Hypixel Forums, where you can also report a player. Although there are downsides, Bedwars comes out with new updates like fixed bugs or gameplay that will make you forget about the negatives.               

     With compelling, unique gameplay, customizable controls, simple yet detailed graphics, and extreme Player vs. Player (PvP) action, Minecraft Hypixel Bedwars will leave you with the urge to keep on playing. I highly recommend purchasing Minecraft and then logging onto Hypixel to experience the fun. If you’re feeling bold, or just want to play Bedwars, we’ll look forward to having you as a part of the Minecraft Hypixel Bedwars Community.