All Magic Comes with a Price | Teen Ink

All Magic Comes with a Price

November 27, 2017

Once Upon a Time is one of the most amazing shows I’ve ever watched in my whole entire life. The show is so addicting and it will have you on the edge of your seat, literally. I overheard my sisters watching one day and it looked so interesting and I just had to see for myself how interesting it really was. This show is so twisted and my advice to you is to watch or try to remember most all of the Disney movies like Robin Hood, Cinderella, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs because that what the show is based on; Disney characters. It’s so crazy how they made all of those stories come together and relate like that, but when you start to watch the show you will start to realize how they stories actually connect.


All these characters from these different stories are trapped in a small town named Storybrooke. The characters were taken out of the Enchanted Forest because of a spell. This spell would never have happened if the Evil Queen hadn’t been so Evil, but throughout the seasons you’ll start to realize all the really good things that are happening and you’ ll think to yourself and say, “Well I wonder how things would be if … wouldn’t have done …?” And that’ sweat keeps the story going.


The first season is the season I absolutely hate and it’s only because of the Evil Queen. But I mean she is the Evil Queen so I mean what would you expect? During the first season, there are five main characters. Once Upon a Time is the show where it’s like if you do this that will happen or if you don’t do this there is a chance that or that may happen, and that’s what’s so jaw-dropping about this show. There is no doubt in my mind that you won’t love this show. During the first season, you will also start to realize why this one character is so important and even if the situation isn’t about her or it has nothing to do with her, eventually you will see that the situation had everything to do with her.


Another major thing about this how is that every time see a new character and then a few episodes later they aren’t there anymore, they aren’t gone for long because somehow someway they always find there way back. So this show seems as if it doesn’t have an end and it will just keep going. Every time the people of Storybrooke (where all the characters are trapped) think they have solved one problem there is always another one creeping up right behind them.


There are six season in total and I’m only on the third season. At times the show can get confusing but trust me it’s not you it’s the show. I think they do that because they know it will get you to ask yourself more questions which will make you start to want to watch the show even more. There are only certain character that have been on the show from the beginning; season number one. Once Upon a Time hasn’t gotten boring not one but because it leaves the audience shook, meaning surprised or just wowed. Some things you may not see the purpose of hem doing some thing but trust me every move they make is worth it.


Once Upon a Time shows how you have to make a lot of tough decisions and make a lot of meaningful sacrifices to keep the people you live out of harms way and to make sure that they are happy. The adults in this series make it very clear to the one very important boy that they don’t want him making the same mistakes as they did. Even through all of the chaos the characters go through they show how to be loving, kind, truthful, and to never doubt a persons capabilities.


This series is also based on one other thing which would be magic. In this show, there are different phrases being used repeatedly like, “All magic comes with a price” and that phrase specifically holds up to its name. You will totally binge watch this show because I do it all the time and I’m not even in the last season. This is definitely a show that you would want to watch and it will have you waiting for more.

The author's comments:

This show is really amazing and you can use it for lots of different school-related projects and activities like theater.