'The Secret Life of the American Teenager'

The average teenager is one who gets into troube, not often, gets grounded, sometimes, has okay grades, early. 'The Secret Life of the American Teenager' is a show that shows the average teenager who messes up in life and gets herself into big trouble. I chose this show because it catches your eye and keeps you on the edge of your seat with the suspense and drama. This show got its name 'The Secret life of the American Teenager' because having the secret like Amy, an American teenager, turns into her life.

This show is about a 15 year old teenager who gets pregnant at band camp. When she finds out she doesn't tell a soul other then the father of the baby. But telling one person turns into telling the whole school. 'The Secret Life of the American Teenager' has many characters in it. Amy, the pregnant 15 year old. Ricky, the father of the baby. Ben, Amy's boyfriend. Jack, the jock who just wants to do the right thing. Grace, preppy Christian cheerleader who also just wants to do the right thing. Ann, Amy's mom. George, Amy's father. Ashley, Amy's sister. During Amy's pregnancy, she faces difficulties, like trying to decide if she should keep or give the baby up for adoption. This show has a major point to it in my prospective, a teenager in the world today is put under major pressure and don't always have the best influences. When a teenager gets pregnant they know what is right, telling their parents but when some teens tell their parents there pregnant it's the first sex talk they have had with their parents.

I would recommend watching this show for so many reasons. This show will make you want to turn the channel to 33 and glue your eyes to the T.V. this show keeps you on the edge of your seat and want to fast forward through the commercials. The second season is about over.' The Secret Life of the American Teenager' five star drama.

KaileyConryWantsSex! said...
this show just makes me wanna do it more! i dont think its that good of an influence

Theresa S. said...
I totally agree with what (pinkvolleyballgirl) said.

pinkvolleyballgirl said...
i think this show can also encourage teens to get pregnant. while it does show all of the difficulites, some teen girls might see it another way. they could see the popularity amy got from the rumors and want it for themselves. im not sold on this being an abstinence supportive show.

EmilyB. said...
Apr. 16, 2009 at 12:01 am
i love this show, great review Ashleigh

horseluva said...
i so luv this show.ive watched almost every episode.