The Secret Life of the American Teenager Review

Amy (Shailene Woodly) is a pregnant 15 year old and the father of the baby, Ricky (Daren Kagasoff), is a player who was sexually abused by his father when he was younger. Amy has to decide what's best for her baby without letting peer pressure get in the way. Amy's sister (India Eisly) uses no expression with her voice or her face. It's hard to tell what she is thinking at times. One thing is sure; she wants her sister to keep the baby. Ben (Kenny Baumann), Amy's boyfriend, thinks he can do everything with a flip of a switch. He doesn't stress about his problems, or at least he doesn't show it. Ben and Amy are in love and want to get married someday. My favorite actress in this show is India Eisly who plays the role of Ashley because she makes me laugh the most with her smart remarks about Amy or her parents.

The Secret Life of the American Teenager is a drama filled TV show about what some teens are facing today in their lives. After coming home from summer camp, Amy Jergins finds out she is pregnant with Ricky, a boy she barely even knows. Amy's sister, Ashley and her dad wants her to keep the baby but a bunch of people want her to put him up for adoption. Now it's up to her decide what she does with her baby boy. With struggles like school, friends, and her boyfriend Ben, she feels like everything is over her head.

I would recommend this show to drama-loving teens because my opinion is that it's a perfect drama and it shows what people struggle with in their teen years. I like how there are many different characters, but they are all equally important. I also love how the ending of the show keeps me thinking of what will happen on the next episode.