Scorpion | Teen Ink

Scorpion

July 13, 2016
By Kimina_Kat PLATINUM, Youngstown, Ohio
Kimina_Kat PLATINUM, Youngstown, Ohio
21 articles 0 photos 22 comments

Favorite Quote:
"In Hamilton, Burr spends years waiting for a chair to be offered at the table in 'the room where it happens.' Patience and timing will play a part in your ultimate success for sure. But I found the happiness and consistency I wanted for so long at the exact moment I decided to build my own table and my own chairs." ~ Leslie Odom Jr.


The “worst day of the week” debate has conceivably existed as long as the modern calendar. Or at least as long as the modern teenager. In my experience, most of us seem to agree on either Monday or Tuesday as the most unpleasant. As for me, I find Mondays marginally more tolerable for one reason: Scorpion.
        

Aired on CBS on Monday nights (in the US), Scorpion is a television show based on the (highly fictionalized) life of genius hacker Walter O’Brien and his unique team, Scorpion, for which the show is named. The Scorpion company originally consists of O’Brien (emotionally challenged hacker with a 197 IQ), Happy Quinn (guarded mechanical prodigy), Dr. Toby Curtis (snarky Harvard-trained psychiatrist), and Sylvester Dodd (anxious “human calculator”). The “Pilot” episode adds to the cast, introducing Cabe Gallo (Homeland Security agent and remnant of Walter’s troubled past), Paige Dineen (normal struggling waitress), and her son, Ralph, (young genius and honorary member of Scorpion). Suddenly, they’re government contractors solving international crimes – instead of taking tech jobs just to pay the bills – and it only gets better from there. 
        

Scorpion is smart, sarcastic, and suspenseful. More than that, it is a feel-good show. Sure, there’s plenty of action, but it usually turns out all right enough. This show is thrilling and calming to me at the same time and offers a home (one hour a week minus commercials) for everyone that has ever felt like they didn’t fit in. I recommend it to anyone who is interested in top-notch characters, fast-paced plot, a little bit of romance, and the best kind of family. If that is you, tune in for five minutes, you’ll be hooked and, let me be the first to say, “Welcome to the Cyclone.”