Princess Tutu | Teen Ink

Princess Tutu

By nerdygirl738 BRONZE, Johnstown, New York
nerdygirl738 BRONZE, Johnstown, New York

Princess Tutu by Ikuko Itoh (e-ku-ko I-do) is an anime TV Show that genres in Comedy, Drama, Magic, Mystery, Psychological, Romance, Ballet, Fairy tales and Magical girl.

The show itself is about 13-year-old ballet student Ahiru (Duck in the English dubbed version). She’s clumsy, good-hearted and sweet… and has a big secret. The mysterious Drosselmayer morphs her from a young literal duck into a girl to give her a mission: help a Prince to get the parts of his heart back. With that in mind, duck, as her 13-year-old ballet student cover, morphs into Princess Tutu, whose magical dances ease the pain and purifies the bad feelings. Basically, Princess Tutu is a show about a girl named Duck who wants to help the Prince regain his heart and to see him smile. However, when she starts to do that a lot of problems start to escalate and she gets in on the story on a whole another level than she thought possible.

The shows animation was amazing; I love the comedy that they place in while keeping it serious and enduring. I also love the plot to it a story coming to life as the author continues to write it and keeps it interesting with his own narrating from time to time, but also, I hate him, I hate how he’s sitting there smiling while the characters in the story are in pain in front of me and are emotionally hurting me inside. Props Ikuko Itoh for being able to put so much depth in all 26 episodes. Another thing, the romance levels are too high. My family thinks I’m crazy because I flip out at just about every cute moment in this show, henceforth, why I think it’s a good show; always on my toes and always into it. What I believe is unique is the way that they input so much emotion that it even gets me to yell, scream, squeal and jump up and down at its every adorable, sad and angry moment. Not to mention all of the twists that occur in which you never know when they’re going to happen. The show lacking anything is absurd in my opinion. It doesn’t lack anything. I’m always into the show and I love to see how the author in the show incorporates himself in the show and combine a whole lot of fairy tails into it.

I recommend Anyone who likes to watch anime, is 12 years old and up for mental age and anyone who loves romance and ballet to watch this amazing show.