One Tree Hill | Teen Ink

One Tree Hill

May 10, 2016
By SaraEdwardss BRONZE, Parkland, Florida
SaraEdwardss BRONZE, Parkland, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

One Tree Hill is a nine-season series TV show that is inevitably heart-warming and relatable to people of all ages. This show brings to life a fictional town with real life problems. Each episode illustrates a struggle for each character to find themselves. The main characters Lucas Scott (Chad Michael Murray), Nathan Scott (James Lafferty), Haley James (Bethany Joy Lenz), Peyton Sawyer (Hilarie Burton), and Brooke Davis (Sophia Bush) each undergo the perils of living in a small town that revolves around basketball and popularity.

Nathan and Lucas Scott are half brothers born three months apart. The two boys are at first in competition to outwit one another, until they one day realize that they are not the enemies at all. Their father Dan Scott (Paul Johansson) is seen as the antagonist throughout the story as he struggles to be an adequate father in either of the boys’ lives. Lucas is the kind hearted, honest brother and Nathan is primarily seen as the jealous, egoistic brother until he meets Haley James and changes for the better to impress her. Best friends Peyton and Brooke are at a constant battle for Lucas’ love in the earlier seasons of the show until it becomes obvious that one is more suited for him than the other.

This series takes the viewer through the happiness and heartbreak of the lives of the main characters. The development of each character due to the clever writing of them in the scripts makes you root for each of them, happy when they reach success, and cry when they don’t. The cast is perfectly portrayed by each actor that will leave you in awe for years to come.

 The relatability to a normal teenage life allows the viewer to be captivated by the not so ordinary lives of these characters. The audience can identify with each of the characters in their own unique way and leaves them wanting more after each episode. If you want to watch a drama that deals with real life problems, then One Tree Hill is a must see. Watch the series once and it will be quite possible that you need to watch it again.