Sherlock: The Abominable Bride | Teen Ink

Sherlock: The Abominable Bride

By EchoingSummer BRONZE, Albuquerque, New Mexico
EchoingSummer BRONZE, Albuquerque, New Mexico

"Here's to not fitting in. Be yourself, even if you're the weirdo." - Soul Glow Activatur

It's finally here! After waiting two years for the next episode of BBC's Sherlock, season 4 has begun!

We pick up where we left off. Sherlock was being sent away after killing Magnussen, but when a video of Moriarty swept across the country he was immediately brought back to investigate. 

The viewers soon find themselves being taken back to the 19th century where we get a glimpse of the classic Mr. Holmes (Benedict Cumberbatch) and Dr. Watson (Martin Freeman) on a new and challenging case. Inspector Lestrade (Rupert Graves) arrives at Holme's flat with a stumping investigation. He explains that a bride, on her wedding day, sent bullets raining down on a crowded street before committing suicide. The bride's husband was on his way to inspect the body to confirm whether or not it was her when a coach pulls up to him, and who should step out but the bride, who proceeds to kill her husband with a gun. 

How could the bride be alive? Why has she killed her husband? These questions and more are the ones Mr. Holmes tackles to save the next targeted victim. 

Though it may seem like this is a whole new story apart from the series, it actually ties into season 4, which surprised me. There are plenty of references to the books and some original humor. 

As always, Steven Moffat never ceases to amaze me with a flawless storyline and a brilliant script. The actors fall into their roles as if they were the actual characters. Aside from some detailed violence I really enjoyed this episode and now I'm even more excited to see what BBC has in store for its fans next. Over all I'd give the episode a four out of five stars!