The Walking Dead Season 5 Episode 15 | Teen Ink

The Walking Dead Season 5 Episode 15

By Spoodermanderp PLATINUM, Quezon City, Other
Spoodermanderp PLATINUM, Quezon City, Other

TV Series Review: The Walking Dead Season 5 Episode 15 "Try"

You tried
"Try" is an episode that develops some of the characters in the storyline (like previous episodes) that were average, and of course all these build up to the main event which is the climax.

Let me start pointing at the good things that came out from the episode, first, the acting was noticeably impressive especially Rick and Sasha's acting at the most part. By the end, Rick's dialogue was executed perfectly as he has gone totally mad and insane at what has happened and the way he expressed himself to Deanna was excellent.

The visuals/gore and action and makeup were still presented in the episode fairly well, although it didn't seem as if they're special anymore as it doesn't add anymore tension and we've already seen a lot of them throughout the series. Now as for the cons, the episode was pretty slow for me.

The previous episode ended with a cliffhanger leaving the audience wanting more. I was eager to find out what Rick was going to do to right off the bat in the start of the episode. This was what made No Sanctuary episode great, they cut the crap and gave the audiences what they wanted right off the bat. Instead, the episode gave way to development and more and more development until eventually we don't care about them anymore in the episode.

There's also a new love interest for Carl's character, although we don't really care that much. It's like a boxing match wherein there are some matches at start wherein you don't really care about because you're waiting for the main event.

There were also some unsolved mysteries introduced to the episode which does intrigue the audience.

The confrontation between Rick and Pete did pay off and was tense and I thought that the episode ended neatly showing how Rick has totally gone insane.

+ Excellent Acting,
+ Visuals and Gore,
- The Same Zombie crap again,
- A slow start,
- Development for characters and story lines wherein we don't care that much about,
- An episode that only sets up for it's main event, 
+ The Climax